Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Bonnet won't open

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Norman   
Sun Feb 15 2015, 09:38am
Member No: #364
Hi all, Yesterday checked the underbonnet fluids as you do then shut the bonnet by dropping it down as normal only to realise I needed to open it again but after pulling the release lever and going to the front and trying to operate the underbonnet release lever I found it to be jammed up against the top of the underside of the bonnet with no movement to release the catch, I tried a search of the forum to no avail so I suspect this hasn't happened to any one else, suggestions on a postcard please.

Norman
C6Dave   
Sun Feb 15 2015, 10:41am

Member No: #1
It happened to me once on the Lignage and I had to use an 'implement' (can't remember what though) to reach in and force the safety catch along.

It was down to the lock etc. being dirty and once opened I made it it was kept cleaned and lubricated.
Website
Norman   
Sun Feb 15 2015, 11:15am
Thanks for the info Dave when I get back from a day with the Henthorns in Sheffield I see if the lubrication I put on the release cable has worked.
Norman   
Thu Nov 28 2019, 03:05am
The bonnet release is still difficult to open lubricating didn’t make much difference there must be a adjustment guide somewhere but not found it yet, anyone got any suggestions..
C6Dave   
Thu Nov 28 2019, 08:56am

Norman I have looked at the specific C6 'bonnet' tech guides and all there is is one to remove and refit it, but that contains no instructions on 'adjustment' for the catch I'm afraid.

I'll keep looking but don't know if I'll find one.
Website
Tjensen   
Thu Nov 28 2019, 10:46am
Member No: #954
I had to change mine, probably hurt by freezing in the cable (?). The cable will wear and at some point break. Garage told me that this was a weak part (same on C5). I lubricated it quite often, so I don't know what to do to make it last. I confess that I use it often to check the basics, charge the battery etc. I did make an emergency arrangement that worked OK while the garage was waiting for the part
C6Dave   
Fri Nov 29 2019, 02:09pm

Had another look Norman and there is nothing on changing the bonnet cable in the C6 docs in the EPC.

There is a guide for the C5, but there is nothing in that guide on 'lock adjustment' I'm afraid.

What I did find was a guide to replacing a bonnet lock at 0.4 hours labour time so it doesn't appear to be a big job....
Website
Norman   
Sat Nov 30 2019, 01:46am
Thanks everybody I searched high and low through the manuals to no avail and yes it seems the simplest and easiest way is to change the inner cable when it starts to get stiff. It’s going into Citroën for its MOT soon I’ll make a point of asking the technician the question.
MGmike   
Sat Nov 30 2019, 01:01pm
Member No: #3151
You find the inner cable is not replaceable on its own. The unit come as a complete unit of the inner, outer and under bonnet lever. Hopefully it won’t carry a premium !!!!
C6Dave   
Sat Nov 30 2019, 01:34pm

MGmike wrote ...

You find the inner cable is not replaceable on its own. The unit come as a complete unit of the inner, outer and under bonnet lever. Hopefully it won’t carry a premium !!!!

Part 7937L5 Manual Bonnet Control costs circa £36 from Lithuania including postsage as it's the same part number as a Peugeot 407 - Click Here - or £42 in the UK - Click Here -

Please Note: the cable and lock on a C6 3.0 HDi from RPO 11102 is different....
Website
Fraunie   
Sat Nov 30 2019, 02:03pm
Member No: #3763
Please Note: the cable and lock on a C6 3.0 HDi from RPO 11102 is different....

I think the correct number is 7937Q1 (at least for my C6 RPO 11120, 4/2007)

C6Dave   
Sat Nov 30 2019, 06:49pm

Where it gets a bit more complex with the 3.0 HDi is the actual cable attachment being in a slightly different location on the lock

I wonder if fitting the cable in the wrong location would make the lock harder to release?
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club