Where to buy the I.F.H.S. Sphere

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
montriji   
Mon Nov 25 2019, 11:09am
Member No: #3285
Dear All;

I'm now planning to replace my C6's spheres. Is my understanding correctly that the I.F.H.S. sphere is recommendable as acceptable good quality, second to the original Citroen part, while I can save more than half of total prices.

Where can I buy the said I.F.H.S. sphere? Is it still available in the market?

I'm in Thailand, non-EU country. Actually, I ever looked into the "www.sphere-shop.co.uk" earlier in June, but now it seems that the website is not accessible. When I browse the website, it comes up with the message read "Domain Parked. The online shop you were lookiing for is not currently available". So, it seems that the shop has changed its website, or is it no longer operated?

Thanks for your kind advice and suggestion.

Best regards,
Montri
321dave   
Mon Nov 25 2019, 01:02pm
Member No: #614
Hi Montri,
I had the same issue myself recently. I ended up buying my rear spheres from the Citroen dealer. I found all the online shops mentioned various brands for sale but had no available stock to purchase of any at the time I was searching.

I paid around €90+ for each 50bar rear sphere. Also it had no Citroen marking at all on the sphere and I think the box had Monroe on the internal small box. So the sphere future availability might be harder going forward it seems.

Regards
321dave
C6Dave   
Mon Nov 25 2019, 01:26pm

Member No: #1
Any one tried the contact number for Sphere Shop to see if they are trading and it's just the website that's gone?

APP. 11 BAT. B, LOTISSEMENT LA GARANCE
84210 ALTHEN DES PALUDS
France
Tel: 0624797450

e mail icon

I've sent an e mail with a 'read' request and am awaiting a response but looking on Google Street View it's a residential address.....

Now the IFHSA Catologue is still online - Click Here - but the direct e mail for the manufacturer ifhs.be returns a 'no domaine' response....

Part numbers to search on:

Website
montriji   
Mon Nov 25 2019, 04:42pm
Dear 321Dave;

Thank you for your kind advice and sharing your recent circumstances. It is intersting that the Monroe box is packed inside the Citroen genunine part box.

Your purchase price is very good, as the reseller I ever purchased Citroen genuine parts quotes me EUR149.62 (excluding tax) for a 50bar front suspension sphere (Part No. 527610) for my C6 2.7 HDI. However, it seems that only that 50bar front suspension sphere is currently available in the Citroen stock, while both of the 70bar front regulator (Part No. 527627) and 40bar rear suspension/ regulator spheres (Part No. 527281) are out of stock/ not available.

PS. Is there anyone ever use both I.F.H.S and Monroe spheres for C6, how is the quality and durability of Monroe branded sphere are good, comparing to the I.F.H.S. sphere?

Dear C6Dave;

Thank you very much for your kindly address and e-mailing to the Sphere-shop. Hope that they are still in the business and producing the saucer sphere for C6s, and it is just a change of their website.

Best regards,
Montri
MGmike   
Mon Nov 25 2019, 05:32pm
Member No: #3151
Autodoc have a selection in stock check here..
- Click Here -

I've used Monroe (comfort) spheres on my C5 without problem (so far) for approx. three years and wouldn't hesitate to use them again should the need arise.
C6Dave   
Mon Nov 25 2019, 06:47pm

Thank you very much for your kindly address and e-mailing to the Sphere-shop. Hope that they are still in the business and producing the saucer sphere for C6s, and it is just a change of their website.

Best regards,
Montri

I also looked at IFHS Belgium address but no joy and the Google Street View of the depot in Belgium is from 2013. The last comments I can find about Sphere Shop itself appear to be from late 2017 when people were having problems contacting them and whilst I used them for spheres for a DS, I have a nagging feeling that they are no longer trading......
Website
eke   
Mon Nov 25 2019, 07:56pm
Member No: #624
Here you can find the original spheres - Click Here -

I would recommend only the original Citroen double membrane spheres, which don't leak. I understand that all the others are one membrane only. I had IFHS-spheres for 3 years in my C6 and they leaked, as sphere-shop said in their web site, when it was still running.
montriji   
Tue Nov 26 2019, 11:28am
Autodoc have a selection in stock check here..
- Click Here -

I've used Monroe (comfort) spheres on my C5 without problem (so far) for approx. three years and wouldn't hesitate to use them again should the need arise.

Thank you for your kind sharing of experience on the Monroe sphere, MGMike. It seems to be the good alternative comparing to the other brands (e.g. Lizarte, Suplex,..) if the I.F.H.S. is no longer available, right?

Thank you,
Montri

Here you can find the original spheres - Click Here -

I would recommend only the original Citroen double membrane spheres, which don't leak. I understand that all the others are one membrane only. I had IFHS-spheres for 3 years in my C6 and they leaked, as sphere-shop said in their web site, when it was still running.

Thank you very much for your kind suggestion of alternative source where we can buy the Citroen genunine parts, eke. I'm also looking for the new light unit at front bumper. I will contact them and ask that they can offer also an export sale to non-EU country, hope that they can accept my communication in English as I cannot speak French.

Actually, my C6 is now already 11 years with about 110,000 kms, so I plan to replace all 7 spheres. Just thinking should I have to accept the higher/double costs to purchase the Citroen genuine spheres this time (as currently they are still available, while we are not assured on its availability after next 5 years), and hope that they will last longer. Or, I just accept the aftermarket spheres with a shorter useful life, and have to replace them earlier.

With the aftermarket spheres installed, the ride quality is comparable or any different to genuine spheres?

The Citroen genuine C6 spheres that we can buy now are fairly new produced as having good turnover, or they are mostly a kind of NOS with a longer time in stock? Is there any cons?

Thank you,
Montri
Tjensen   
Tue Nov 26 2019, 11:47am
Member No: #954
The original C6 spheres have a very long shelf-life. I guess they are sourced the same place as for some Toyota cars (= should be available). I F H S should be "fresh" and will last max 10 years. I changed my originals for 7 new IFHS after 7 years, could still have waited a few years and then changed to originals. What is the source for Monroe spheres ?
C6Dave   
Tue Nov 26 2019, 01:34pm

OK I have received a reply to my e mail to the Sphere Shop owner:

Hi dear David,
We have closed our business.
Sorry.
The best for you.
Palma Violaine.

So they are no longer trading I'm afraid.
Website
montriji   
Tue Nov 26 2019, 02:55pm
OK I have received a reply to my e mail to the Sphere Shop owner:

Hi dear David,
We have closed our business.
Sorry.
The best for you.
Palma Violaine.

So they are no longer trading I'm afraid.

Thank you for your kind update on their response. Unfortunately, they have closed their business. Just wondered this sphere-shops.co.uk is actually one of many IFHS sphere reseller or they are the IFHS factory's own online shop?

Thanks,
Montri
Hattershaun   
Tue Nov 26 2019, 08:55pm
Member No: #320
I've used PSA's lower cost Eurorepar branded spheres and found them perfectly acceptable, I can't tell any difference to the Citroën genuine ones. They look identical, apart from not have the chevron symbol stamped on the outer casing
Prices are comparable to other non-OEM suppliers, £40-£60 per sphere in the UK.
Part numbers are available in Citroën Service.
321dave   
Wed Nov 27 2019, 07:47am
Thanks MGMike,
good to know Autodoc have stock online again. Handy Black Friday discounts as well this time.
321dave   
Thu Nov 28 2019, 08:36pm
321dave wrote ...

Thanks MGMike,
good to know Autodoc have stock online again. Handy Black Friday discounts as well this time.

Just an update on the sphere availability issue. My mistake. I thought initially the mark on the box was an M but lookin closer yesterday I noticed it was in fact an E. The spheres I bought were actually the Eurorepar already mentioned.

Tjensen   
Fri Nov 29 2019, 12:04am
Member No: #954
Made in Belgium. Probably IFHS
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club