Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Super Sticky

Citroen c6 headlights RHD to LHD built in switch?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Norman   
Tue Nov 19 2019, 11:50pm
Member No: #364
Hi Eric taking the headlights out isn’t really a option when you arrive on the continent so it looks like it’s another trip, to Halfords for a beam bender kit.
Eric   
Thu Nov 21 2019, 04:20pm
Member No: #425
Hello Norman, It just flattens the beam so you can do it in the UK with no problems when it comes to dazzling oncoming drivers in our home counties.... I would give it a go. All the Very Best, Eric.
C6Dave   
Thu Nov 21 2019, 06:52pm

Member No: #1
Eric wrote ...

Hello Norman, It just flattens the beam so you can do it in the UK with no problems when it comes to dazzling oncoming drivers in our home counties.... I would give it a go. All the Very Best, Eric.

So instead of the beam 'flicking up on the left in the UK (RHD) to light the curbside, you simply get a flat beam Eric?

That would explain why the EU lamps are a different part number as the beam on LHD would flick up on the right side to light the curb and as long as the beam is flat, which Citroen claim it is, then either unit can pass a UK MOT.
Website
Norman   
Fri Nov 22 2019, 02:20pm
Member No: #364
Hi thanks for the info, I found the left/right markings they are in the right hand plastic trim for the drivers side headlight and i was looking at the passenger side headlight so that’s sorted thanks to everyone for their input.
Eric   
Fri Nov 22 2019, 04:26pm
Member No: #425
C6Dave wrote ...

So instead of the beam 'flicking up on the left in the UK (RHD) to light the curbside, you simply get a flat beam Eric?

That would explain why the EU lamps are a different part number as the beam on LHD would flick up on the right side to light the curb and as long as the beam is flat, which Citroen claim it is, then either unit can pass a UK MOT.

Hello Dave,

Yes that is the case.

Hello Norman,

Enjoy your pending trip....

All the Very Best,

Eric.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club