Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Super Sticky

Citroen c6 headlights RHD to LHD built in switch?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Muffin   
Sat Aug 22 2015, 09:20am
Member No: #1815
The c6 headllights have a lever inside the unit this was highlighted, previously by another member who was having trouble with the main beam.

I can now confirm having just obtained my control technique in france(mot) that the lever does change the beam to allow you to drive in europe once you get to know where the lever is it is simple.

Access the back by removing the rubber cover and with one hand feel for the lever driving in france nearside down offside headlight up

If you are concerned about voltage wear rubber glove personally I dont (and I am a retired electrical engineer) make sure lights are switched to side lights

Hope this has been of use citroen dont know about this but then there made in italy

Kind regards Brian.

C6Dave   
Sat Aug 22 2015, 09:40am

Member No: #1
Thanks for the confirmation Brian. It should prove very useful for other members who spend time abroad.
Website
Eric   
Sat Aug 22 2015, 04:35pm
Member No: #425
Hello Brian, Thank you for the headlight information. Are you referring to a left-hand drive car or a right-hand drive car when you are talking of nearside and offside?

I am about to take my UK car to Germany and need to switch to right-hand side of the road motoring....

Thank you,

Eric.
gbl   
Sat Aug 22 2015, 06:32pm
Member No: #936
I always suspected the G and D markings on the top of the headlight units were indicating an adjustment for driving on the left or right. Thanks for pointing out the location of the adjuster, which is not at all obvious from the markings!

Muffin   
Sat Aug 22 2015, 07:49pm
Member No: #1815
Eric wrote ...

Hello Brian, Thank you for the headlight information. Are you referring to a left-hand drive car or a right-hand drive car when you are talking of nearside and offside?

I am about to take my UK car to Germany and need to switch to right-hand side of the road motoring....

Thank you,

Eric.

Eric I am refering to my c6 which is right hand drive
Eric   
Sun Aug 23 2015, 09:47am
Hello Brian, Thank you. I have an MoT next week and will then attempt to switch them over.
C6Dave   
Wed Nov 06 2019, 08:46pm

gbl wrote ...

I always suspected the G and D markings on the top of the headlight units were indicating an adjustment for driving on the left or right. Thanks for pointing out the location of the adjuster, which is not at all obvious from the markings!

Well owning an old French Traction I'm used to strange markings and wondering what they mean and this one is simple:

G = Gauche (left) and D = Droite (right)
Website
MGmike   
Wed Nov 06 2019, 10:28pm
Member No: #3151
C6Dave wrote ...

Well owning an old French Traction I'm used to strange markings and wondering what they mean and this one is simple:

G = Gauche (left) and D = Droite (right)

Might be simples to you but my french stops at un deux trois (and I had the check that on google translate!) .

Norman   
Wed Nov 13 2019, 12:27am
Member No: #364
Hi I’ve had a look at my headlights to see what sort of a job it is to change to lhd and looking at the supplied pictures I can’t see anything like what is shown let alone the right and left symbols, and I don’t think my headlights are any different to anybody else’s so is it possible to include some better pictures or if possible a short video on how to do it. Thanks.
Norman
C6Dave   
Wed Nov 13 2019, 07:59am

Norman wrote ...

Hi I’ve had a look at my headlights to see what sort of a job it is to change to lhd and looking at the supplied pictures I can’t see anything like what is shown let alone the right and left symbols

David Hallworth has just used the switches on his LHD C6 to get it through a UK MOT so it does work Norman.

Sorry I can't help with any pictures though due to the weather here.
Website
Norman   
Wed Nov 13 2019, 07:59pm
Ok thanks for that but I’m still no wiser
David Hallworth   
Wed Nov 13 2019, 10:20pm

Member No: #90
My C6 failed it's MOT upon entering the UK because of the headlight beam pattern. Robert at BL Auto's flicked the switch on the headlights and resubmitted it and it passed it's MOT without any issues.

Other then knowing there is a lever I can't help with it's location I'm afraid.

David.
cruiserphil   
Fri Nov 15 2019, 09:38am

Member No: #38
Lads,

Anyone considered this post - Click Here - ?

Best regards,

Phil C.

ADMIN Edit: forgot about that so made the image clearer
Norman   
Mon Nov 18 2019, 05:25am
Yes I’ve seen that photo before but it doesn’t look anything like the later photos with left/right markings so still no wiser (am I thick)or what?
Eric   
Tue Nov 19 2019, 05:11pm
Hello Norman,

The only way to do it with confidence is to take the headlights out of the car, open up the back of the headlight as if you were going to change the xenon bulb, take a note of the position of the lever indicated in the picture then switch it to the opposite position. Don't worry about D and G. Take careful note of the postions for home settings in the UK by taking a photograph first. Good luck. All the Best, Eric.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club