Lounge Pack retrofit on 3.0 HDi?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gkirkov   
Wed Oct 30 2019, 09:15pm
Member No: #3981
Hello everybody,

I wonder if it's possible to fit rear seats with lounge pack on a car without? On my 206 the cable sets have been generally identical with some dead wires if an extra is not equipped - if with C6s the case is the same no additional wiring will be needed which would make things easier.

P.S. I think the hardest part would be to implement the button which moves the front seat from the back seats - which is something I do not insist on.

Is there any chance it would be a plug & play job with some Lexia enabling? Or worst case, are there differences in size and shape of the seats that would render physically fitting them impossible?

P.S. If I fall into this I would be searching for cream leather seats with lounge pack for buying from a car being taken apart or swapping them with somebody who wants his back seats to be foldable
Website
C6Dave   
Thu Oct 31 2019, 08:32am

Member No: #1
Looking at the same post on Facebook it looks like it's more complex than initially thought as there are some bodywork changes to make where the folding seats lock back.
Piotr Kola wrote ...

It's hard to change. I put the usual rear seats in place of the lounge pack. If you have ordinary seats, you need to cut a piece of body (a part holding the rear seats), add a driver with a bundle, a plate in the trunk and a pair of plastic.

I don't know where the wiring harness from the lounge pack connects to the main one, but somewhere in the middle of the car. I left her in car.
Website
gkirkov   
Thu Oct 31 2019, 09:17pm
Member No: #3981
Yes, sounds like it's on the edge of my tolerance... I'll dig more into it and see what will happen.
Website
AndreSMCXXMC6   
Fri Nov 08 2019, 09:36am
Member No: #615
When I bought my C6 3.0 HDI I wanted to install the lounge pack from my original C6 2.7HDI. I found it nearly impossible so I gave up. The rear side of the C6 3.0 has been completely redesigned to fit the different exhaust.

Also cable bundles were modified. (so also the full size spare wheel of the 2.7HDI does not fit in the 3.0HDI)
Kaloteck   
Tue Nov 12 2019, 05:04pm
Member No: #1271
I'm curious… With total production reaching 23,400 units, how many of them have the lounge pack?
C6Dave   
Tue Nov 12 2019, 06:37pm

Member No: #1
Kaloteck wrote ...

I'm curious… With total production reaching 23,400 units, how many of them have the lounge pack?

Not many according to all the adverts for the C6's for sale with a 'Rare Lounge Pack / TGV Rear Seats' option...

But a reasonably high percentage of adverts for C6's that are for sale seem to include it so is it more common than we think it is or are owners with cars that have it fitted find that it's unused and restricts their options to much, selling their cars for something more practicable?
Website
Paulius   
Tue Nov 12 2019, 09:09pm
Member No: #1821
I think that the sunroof is a rarer option. Searched for a decend C6 with a sunroof for quite a while, and I would not trade the sunroof for the lounge pack. As a driver, I wouldn't feel the difference anyways, and longe pack makes it impossible to extend the boot into the interior of the car.
With the sunroof, though, it is not only nice to look at from the inside, but it's very useful during hot days - heat goes up and it's perfect for "venting" the hot air out.
Radox   
Tue Nov 12 2019, 09:32pm
Member No: #4044
The Programmable heating is an even rarer option than both the sunroof and the lounge pack seats. Very useful though.

And btw, say what you want about the Lounge pack, but the reclining seats with the more conveniently placed heating buttons and deeper cushions are actually pretty comfy IF you use the car to frequently carry adult passengers in the back.
Paulius   
Wed Nov 13 2019, 09:47pm
Member No: #1821
Well, I would prefer if the front seats had the same controls as rear non-lounge-pack seats. I really dislike the rotatory controls in the front (I always have to check if the front passenger has turned the heating off).

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club