Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Coolant leak at end of expansion bottle small bore pipe. 2.7.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
onthecut   
Sat Apr 25 2020, 04:00pm
Member No: #2793
Grovelling underneath doing an oils change happened to notice a little drip of anti freeze. Didn't make my day, as I reckon I've done pretty much all the potential leak areas (famous last words).

As luck would have it, should be as easy a fix as possible on a C6. It's the end of the small bore pipe tht runs from the expansion bottle to the spherical top plastic housing on the front corner of the engine (which is part of a hose assembly). Closer inspection revealed the spigot on the end of the pipe has effectively just rotted off.

Yet another piece of absolutely s**t plastic; something they seem to have used in abundance on the C6. I just don't understand it; I have a comparable age, comparable mileage Pug 206, equally festooned with plastic bits, not one of which has given out.

So -- if you are bored while under house arrest, might be worth a quick inspection ---- a stitch in time, etc. etc.

As far as I can ee, the pipe from the bottle is part number 1351 LN and the hose assembly to which it attached is 1351 KV.

Mike.

MGmike   
Sat Apr 25 2020, 04:49pm
Member No: #3151
Yep, one of mine failed at the engine end.

Replace both as a maintenance item at 10 years or 100k miles... That reminds me I need to do GU59
C6Dave   
Sat Apr 25 2020, 05:29pm

Member No: #1
Agreed, they are not good. I replaced both hoses plus the expansion tank which was also damaged and so I can now see the coolant level visually. Done when I replaced the leaking radiator last year.

Info: - Click Here - & - Click Here -
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club