Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Returning to the fold...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
C6Dave   
Mon Jan 13 2020, 08:29am

Member No: #1
You have ordered a coolant inlet (thermostat) housing as well seeing as it's so accessible now?

BTW what 'ceramic coating' did you use?
Website
David Hallworth   
Mon Jan 13 2020, 09:46am

Member No: #90
Dave, the housing was changed when the car was at BL so we could ensure the stat hadn't been damaged with all the ATF that was in the coolant.

I used GTechniq C5 Wheel Guard.

David.
David Hallworth   
Mon Jan 13 2020, 12:28pm

When I stripped the covers off the car yesterday, initially I didn't think the belt looked to bad. However, a friend of mine spotted this...

That looks like there's cords hanging out of my timing belt! I'm glad I've got it stripped just now!

David.
David Hallworth   
Sat Jan 18 2020, 09:45pm

The belt is now finished and the car is running again. Just got to get the arch liner back on, under trays fitted and then get the tyres back on the wheels and balanced again.

Finally getting there

David.
David Hallworth   
Mon Jan 20 2020, 10:20am

The C6 is now finished after a marathon effort to tidy it up.

The interior pillars were filthy as the previous owner smoked. I managed to find a near identical trim from Woolies so have recovered the A, B and C pillar trims inside the car.

Before:

After

The discs and pads on the car are brand new so before they got a chance to get scruffy and pitted I cleaned up the bell on the discs and painted them and the calipers. The wheels on it were really, really scruffy too so they've been powder coated.

Before:

After

And whilst it was on the ramp I've also changed the timing belt, idlers, tensioner and water pump. The sludge that had come gushing out of the header tank when the gearbox oil cooler split was a mess and was everything so everything has been removed, degreased, cleaned and put back whilst I've had it in bits. I've fitted a new header tank as well as they go yellow and make seeing the coolant level pretty difficult.

The car is going in for a 3 stage paint correction and quartz coating on Thursday, once that's done, I'm happy to call it finished!

David.
MGmike   
Mon Jan 20 2020, 06:21pm
Member No: #3151
David,
I'll take some of the leftovers when you come through for the steering wheel
?

Michael
David Hallworth   
Mon Jan 20 2020, 06:39pm

Sounds like a plan, Mike!
David Hallworth   
Tue Jan 21 2020, 11:32am

She's outside the workshop now. Getting a proper clean on Thursday and then she'll be graced with her UK plates.

Looking forward to racking up some miles now!

David.
David Hallworth   
Wed Jan 29 2020, 08:23pm

Well, it's safe to say the C6 is finished now she's had her paint corrected.

We went away for the weekend to Stratford Upon Avon and the C6 Owners gathering at The British Motor Museum. 754 miles covered in one weekend

Time to get some miles on her and enjoy it now!

David.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club