Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Was Citroen C6 supposed to have Adaptive cruise control?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Radox   
Sun Oct 20 2019, 07:58pm
Member No: #4044
I don't know if this was discussed here, but I think the C6 was supposed to have this uber-useful feature, but it was cancelled during development of the car. The reason I think so is that on the dashboard, right below the cruise control symbol, there is an unused, not lit Adaptive CC symbol in a triangle. If you look closely, you can see it. Also, when sunlight falls directly on the HUD orifice above the dashboard and all the symbols in it light up, you can clearly see an unused symbol of a car with a few dashes below it. This probably was supposed to inform you of the selected distance with the vehicle in front of you. I don't know if the newer C6s have these unused leftover symbols, but the old ones like my 2007 version have them.

The symbol I'm talking about is this one:

So, have you noticed these things and what do you think?
FraserG   
Sun Oct 20 2019, 08:23pm
Member No: #2011
Interesting. It is the one feature I would really have appreciated in my C6. In todays traffic it really is a useful tool which also adds to safety. Of my four cars, three have been hit from the rear this year by people not paying attention to the safe travelling distance. Very frustrating.

Has anybody managed to retro fit adaptive cruise control to a C6?
David Hallworth   
Mon Oct 21 2019, 05:06pm

Member No: #90
I noticed it whilst driving a C6 for the first time in 4 years this morning and wondered exactly the same thing!

Be interesting if it was something that could be retrofitted.

David.
Kaloteck   
Fri Nov 01 2019, 01:50pm
Member No: #1271
David Hallworth wrote ...

Fuggetaboutit, too tough an item.
C6Dave   
Fri Nov 01 2019, 02:32pm

Member No: #1
Kaloteck wrote ...

David Hallworth wrote ...

Fuggetaboutit, too tough an item.

C6 was designed 1999 when all this 'technology' was in it's infancy and though the car didn't make it to production until 2005 it still had some technology that wasn't available anywhere else.

Maybe Active Cruise would have been added at a later upgrade like the 3.0 HDi engine in 2009 but I suspect that the very low sales volumes stopped any other investment/developments being made?
Website
CarlT   
Sat Aug 07 2021, 05:12pm
Member No: #2385

[/quote1572618495]
C6 was designed 1999 when all this 'technology' was in it's infancy and though the car didn't make it to production until 2005 it still had some technology that wasn't available anywhere else.
[/quote1628356233]

BMW had Active Cruise Control option on their V8 & V12 E38 7series in 2000. I've tested it and it worked Great. Much better then on my 2017 Tesla Model X.. hahaha

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club