C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

C6 newbie 3.0 petrol

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Dkatwa   
Wed Oct 02 2019, 03:55pm
Member No: #4033
Hi all. Just bought a C6 3.0 with 68,000 miles. Lovely car. Silver with black interior. Going to get cambelt, water pump and gearbox oil changed from BL Autos in 2 weeks. Leaking boot also to be looked at and new battery to be fitted. Anything else I should get done?

C6Dave   
Wed Oct 02 2019, 05:33pm

Member No: #1
All the power steering & hydraulic pipes rustproofed would be on my list.

Where did you find that one as Petrol C6's are few and far between.
Website
cruiserphil   
Wed Oct 02 2019, 07:16pm

Member No: #38
Dkatwa,

Lovely looking car. Many happy miles!

Best regards,

Phil C.
Hattershaun   
Wed Oct 02 2019, 09:07pm
Member No: #320
Lovely looking car. I ran a petrol C6 for a year, very smooth running, quiet & refined, excellent choice for city driving (if you’re in London).
B.L. Autos will check it over & let you know if there’s anything else worth doing.
I remember seeing it advertised for sale a while back.
Hope you enjoy driving it.
Dkatwa   
Thu Oct 03 2019, 08:38am
Thanks Hattershaun. Yes, it is a lovely ride. Still getting to know the car. Slight knocking on the front right and Ian (BL Autos) will take a look when the car goes there in two weeks time.
Can't wait for some dry weather, so I can clean/ polish the car.
Is there anything to watch for on petrol versions in particular?
cheers
d
Dkatwa   
Thu Oct 03 2019, 08:41am
Thanks Cruiserphil! I am working a lot abroad so won't put on the mileage but I do enjoy the ride every time I take it out. I think a 4.2 Jaguar engine would have made it a world beater!

@C6DAVE - thanks for the advice. I will ask Ian to look at the state of the pipes and see if he can do the rustproofing. I found the car up North, at T&P Motors in Romily.

Dkatwa   
Thu Oct 03 2019, 11:06am
By the way, I am not able to obtain the service history from Citroen due to data protection. Since I have no invoices for the services, is there any way of obtaining a list of the work undertaken on the car?
thanks
C6Dave   
Thu Oct 03 2019, 12:39pm

Member No: #1
Dkatwa wrote ...

Thanks Cruiserphil! I am working a lot abroad so won't put on the mileage but I do enjoy the ride every time I take it out. I think a 4.2 Jaguar engine would have made it a world beater!

@C6DAVE - thanks for the advice. I will ask Ian to look at the state of the pipes and see if he can do the rustproofing. I found the car up North, at T&P Motors in Romily.

4.2 would probably be to much for Front Wheel Drive, even the HDi that the C6 and Jag share has more power in a Jag being rear wheel drive...

BTW 'Stockport' is the Midlands, not 'up North' for us nice find though and at the mileage of the car worth an LPG conversion although if your not going to use it a lot then it probably wouldn't be worthwhile financially.

BTW 'Leaking Boot' for me was simply dirt and leaves in the drain channel where the light unit crosses it. Details - Click Here -
Website
Dkatwa   
Thu Oct 03 2019, 04:34pm
Thanks C6Dave. In fact, I think the water is coming from a broken drain channel in the boot lid . Specifically the right hand channel is always dry when it rains suggesting the water is taking a detour thru the bootlid. BL will take a look for me. As the petrol version is rare, I plan to keep it as original as possible. I have access to two other cars so mpg is not an issue. Cheers
bargi   
Sat Oct 19 2019, 09:25pm
Member No: #2590
Ohh another Petrol, and in London, where you located?

Probably to late now, but if it's got the original coil packs then get them changed.

Dkatwa   
Sat Oct 26 2019, 06:28pm
Hi Bargi. I am in Harrow. Car was worked on recently at BL Autos. No mention of coil pack problems but will consider it next time I service it. Thanks for the advice
bargi   
Sun Nov 03 2019, 03:22pm
Dkatwa wrote ...

Hi Bargi. I am in Harrow. Car was worked on recently at BL Autos. No mention of coil pack problems but will consider it next time I service it. Thanks for the advice

I'm not far in Ealing, there's myself and another within 5 mins.
Dkatwa   
Thu Nov 14 2019, 12:34pm
hi Bargi
not far..though with London traffic, might take a while!
Which car do you have and the one close by?
bargi   
Thu Nov 14 2019, 04:32pm
I have a Grey Petrol Exclusive, the one nearby is a Black Lignage
Dkatwa   
Fri Nov 15 2019, 06:43am
oh wow...petrol cars are so rare...do you plan to keep yours?
I have never seen one advertised, except for the one I bought. Mind you, I have only been looking at C6s on and off over the last 6 years on Autotrader, for petrol ones. Normally I am looking at stuff that is out of reach, price- wise:-P
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club