C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Online review

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Marcy   
Sun Nov 08 2020, 07:35pm
Member No: #4417
In early December my C6 is being reviewed by a "youtuber" and I'm hoping he/she will have a good opinion of our French steeds. Are there any snippets of information that may be useful, fun or relevant that you more experienced owners may know

I'm thinking of mentioning.....

* Alloy body panels
* Gearbox has the hesitation designed into it
* The final iteration of Hydropneumatic suspension
arconell3   
Tue Nov 10 2020, 10:15am
Member No: #922
Hi Marcy,

That's great! I'd love to see the test! Just one point: The "hesitation" you mentioned is not a feature, it is a fault. It is caused by dirt/deposits inside the air intake tract and the EGR system, including the LMM's, the air pressure sensor, the turbo-air temp. sensor (both inside the butterfly housing), the EGR's themselves and the crankcase ventilation system, and possibly also dirt/deposits on the injectors, impairing the spray pattern.

Make sure tire pressure, front and rear, is exactly 2.4 Bar = 35 Psi for the best driving experience.

(I assume yours is a 2.7 HDI, because under the same conditions the 3.0 HDI doesn't show any of these symptoms/hesitations.)

Regards, Robert

Website
Tjensen   
Tue Nov 10 2020, 12:54pm
Member No: #954
The gearbox is "adaptive" so that a long period of lazy driving can result in hesitation. Easy cured with a few accelerations. Mine is a 3.0.
Trainman   
Wed Nov 11 2020, 02:35pm

Member No: #86
I remember mine being done for AutoTrader - Click Here -
DSDan   
Mon Nov 16 2020, 01:49am
Member No: #3488
I’ve shown my C6 to interested parties a couple of times at Car & Coffee events.
There’s plenty of regular toys that are good for a laugh, like cup holders, door pocket bins and the Head Up display etc but I have found that often people are more taken with some of the more detailed items.

When reversing the left hand mirror can look down to the curb but is easily disabled if you are backing up in a car park and need all round vision instead of the curb.

The headlights that look around corners are always a favourite but the computerized suspension is interesting. The system can sense if you are driving on a Highway and so lower the car to reduce drag but can also sense rough terrain and so raise the car for greater wheel travel and a smoother ride.

The Service Mode; raises the wipers to change blades or clean the scuttle and also lifts the rear air dam to lubricate or clean out. The wipers reset when turned on but the air dam will only lower when the car is moving to avoid trapping fingers.

The Active Bonnet that raises to help protect pedestrians. Most people know that cars kill people but don’t know how they do it. If you hit someone they slam down onto the bonnet, which gives and they crack their skulls on the top of the engine. The lifting bonnet gives people a couple of inches that might make all the difference to their getting away with it.

As a bit tongue in cheek I like to tell people that the C6 was the most successful car that Citroen ever made. They weren’t built to sell, even Citroen knew that, they were built to put the President of France in a Citroen. Mission accomplished!
CarlT   
Sat Aug 07 2021, 06:01pm
Member No: #2385
wrote ...

It is caused by dirt/deposits inside the air intake tract and the EGR system, including the LMM's, the air pressure sensor, the turbo-air temp. sensor (both inside the butterfly housing), the EGR's themselves and the crankcase ventilation system, and possibly also dirt/deposits on the injectors, impairing the spray pattern.

Regards, Robert

Hi Robert

Sorry for the newbie question. What are the LMMs? My newly purchased C6 has a new DPF and ERG valves, but the DPF might not last too long the way my car smokes... Is there a technical writeup on this issue on the site? My butterfly housing was pretty caked-up as I had a look when I replaced my Thermostat housing... Did a quick clean out, but..

I guess I'll be needing the included Lexia software and hardware before I know it

Any tips and tricks are appreciated
FraserG   
Mon Aug 09 2021, 01:16am
Member No: #2011
Hi Carl

'The way my car smokes'?

Your 2.7 shouldn't smoke at all. My 2.7 exhausts have remained as clean as a whistle for the seven years I've owned her. I presume that is what the EGR valves ensure.

Sorry for not answering your question but I'm no mechanic.

Enjoy, Fraser
321dave   
Mon Aug 09 2021, 09:38am
Member No: #614
FraserG wrote ...

Hi Carl

'The way my car smokes'?

Your 2.7 shouldn't smoke at all. My 2.7 exhausts have remained as clean as a whistle for the seven years I've owned her. I presume that is what the EGR valves ensure.

Sorry for not answering your question but I'm no mechanic.

Enjoy, Fraser

Hi Carl,
white or grey/black smoke colour? My C6 started emitting white smoke and after a scan it detected it had a bad inlet air temperature sensor. Mine were old so I ordered new ones anyway and smoke is gone. Can you get the car scanned with a diagbox or scanner?

I recently purchases a Bluetooth Autel scanner online and it does about 70% of what Diagbox can do. It works fast and well on the Iphone and it is easier to hold and has the same codes as Diagbox shows as i checked the two against each other.

It’s about £79 and the software is free for one vehicle. After that you pay £22 per car/make if you want it for more than one make of car.

I find its handy and easy get codes and takes up no space at all as i keep it in the car at all times.

Might help with your situation.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club