C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

'Rear' EGR valve - 2.7 HDi

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
officer19   
Wed Oct 09 2019, 12:48pm
Member No: #3896
Can anyone recommend a garage in the West of Scotland that can be relied upon to carry out the replacement of the above and expected cost too if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Ronnie
David Hallworth   
Thu Oct 17 2019, 11:44pm

Member No: #90
Hi Ronnie,

Interesting to see you're in Greenock, I'm in Langbank. If you find anywhere, can you share the details.

I've heard someone recommend these guys before: - Click Here -

I've never used them or spoken to them though.

David.
CorneSoutAfrica   
Sat Oct 19 2019, 05:21pm
Member No: #2836
Id like to get my EGR’s mapped closed. Especially after seeing the intake manifolds which I’d love to remove and clean. Bet that not just mileage will improve. But the turbos will most likely have less lag too?
C6Dave   
Sat Oct 19 2019, 05:28pm

Member No: #1
CorneSoutAfrica wrote ...

Id like to get my EGR’s mapped closed. Especially after seeing the intake manifolds which I’d love to remove and clean. Bet that not just mileage will improve. But the turbos will most likely have less lag too?

That's one of the additional benefits of a re map, no lag when pulling away at a junction
Website
speedfix   
Sat Oct 19 2019, 08:10pm
Member No: #1043
I'm all right Jack springs to mind here in the UK with the above advice!.

DVSA can give a £1000.00 fine etc for having a vehicle trailing out NOX emissions etc through tampering with the modification with the EGR system.
This includes blanking and remap shutdown.
Now insurance companies can plug in readers after an incident for checking any chip mods, this may well invalidate ones insurance.
- Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club