Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

National Car Test (NCT) - Republic of Ireland

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
cruiserphil   
Sun Oct 13 2019, 07:44pm

Member No: #38
Hello C6Dave,

They measure imbalance across the axle using MAHA MSD3000 equipment. If you Google it you'll find YouTube videos of the equipment.

Best regards,

Phil C.
cruiserphil   
Sun Oct 13 2019, 08:03pm

Member No: #38
Hello 321Dave,

Could your imbalance in the rear be due to a problem in the AMVAR variable damping head in one of the struts? Check the plug connections. You should carry out the soft/firm test in Diagbox to see if you can get a feel for it. This might show up a hard sphere (you could swap them around to see if the problem follows them). I wouldn't be convinced yet that your rear struts are shot. The 09 car went through NCT recently. The rear struts are original - imbalance 8%. The front struts are 2 years old and new - imbalance 21%.

Let us know how you get on,

Best regards,

Phil C.
321dave   
Mon Oct 14 2019, 08:39am
Member No: #614
cruiserphil wrote ...

Hello 321Dave,

Could your imbalance in the rear be due to a problem in the AMVAR variable damping head in one of the struts? Check the plug connections. You should carry out the soft/firm test in Diagbox to see if you can get a feel for it. This might show up a hard sphere (you could swap them around to see if the problem follows them). I wouldn't be convinced yet that your rear struts are shot. The 09 car went through NCT recently. The rear struts are original - imbalance 8%. The front struts are 2 years old and new - imbalance 21%.

Let us know how you get on,

Best regards,

Phil C.

Many thanks for the suggestions to try Phil. That's great, I will take a closer look this week and report back any findings.

All the best
321dave

Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club