C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Citroen C6 heated seats

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Radox   
Wed Sep 25 2019, 07:36pm
Member No: #4044
Does anyone know if the car in some way shows which level of heating is currently selected with the small thumbwheel on the side of the seats? I find it pretty annoying that you never know if your heated seats are on or off in case you forget them on, for example.
Tjensen   
Wed Sep 25 2019, 09:36pm
Member No: #954
Not the best designing of details: You have to feel or go out of the car to look at the wheel. Should have been placed differently + with a visible warning light
C6Dave   
Thu Sep 26 2019, 07:16am

Member No: #1
You would know if they were on by feel alone. The thumbwheel switches are poor though and easily caught and moved.

At one point during the summer I was tempted to pull the fuses for them.....
Website
Paulius   
Thu Oct 03 2019, 05:10pm
Member No: #1821
I have a bad habit at the traffic lights of sometimes leaning over the passenger's seat to check if the seat heating is off. Definitely not a good design.
cruiserphil   
Mon Oct 07 2019, 11:11am

Member No: #38
Hello Paulius,

My understanding is that there is a pressure sensor in the seat cushion that detects if a person is sitting in the seat? Only then does the heater operate regardless of the switch being on. The reason I say this is that when I find the seat hater switch on on a seat that's unoccupied it's cold.I'll check the wiring diagram.

Best regards,

Phil C.
Paulius   
Mon Oct 07 2019, 08:39pm
Member No: #1821
cruiserphil wrote ...

Hello Paulius,

My understanding is that there is a pressure sensor in the seat cushion that detects if a person is sitting in the seat? Only then does the heater operate regardless of the switch being on. The reason I say this is that when I find the seat hater switch on on a seat that's unoccupied it's cold.I'll check the wiring diagram.

Best regards,

Phil C.

I don't think so at all. The seat gets warm even when no one is sitting. It's just harder to "feel" that warmth as it does not "accumulate" the heat between the heating elements and..a butt. But if you push your palm into the seat, you can feel it's warm.

When I initially got the car, the pressure sensor had been disconnected so that it would not beep about the seatbelts not being fastened, and the heating function worked. Of course, I reconnected the connector for the pressure sensor.

What I would also like to add about the bad designt of the heated seats is that it's just too simple. Each setting (1,2,3) should have a predefined temperature, not a predefined "amperage", so that it would use full power at first to get up to temperature on any setting, and only then should it start lowering the amperage.

To be honest, the rear heating seat control is much more refined as it does not restart after turning off the ignition. I would prefer to have that on my front passenger's seat.
tich731   
Tue Oct 08 2019, 03:08pm
Member No: #3023
My driver's seat and the 2 rear seat heating functions do not work (although front passenger seat does).
I have checked fuses and possible loose connectors under the seats.
Are there any relays/control boxes for the heated seats and if so, does anybody know where they are exactly?
Although not a priority, I am one of those owners who like all functions fitted on the car to work.
C6Dave   
Tue Oct 08 2019, 05:43pm

@tich731 take a look through the 'wiring diagrams' - Click Here -
Website
tich731   
Tue Oct 08 2019, 06:44pm
Thanks C6 Dave.

Am I missing something? I cannot find reference to heated seats in the wiring diagrams apart from the Fuse number supplying each seat.

Are there no relays/control units?
C6Dave   
Wed Oct 09 2019, 08:36am

Am I missing something? I cannot find reference to heated seats in the wiring diagrams apart from the Fuse number supplying each seat.

Sorry I'm not an auto electrician so can't comment. I have found some heated seat specific wiring diagrams and uploaded them so they are now available to download: - Click Here -

Hydraulics I trained in and understand, electrical wiring well.... hope the 2 new documents help.
Website
tich731   
Thu Oct 10 2019, 02:00pm
Thanks again C6Dave,

I'm as clued up as you when it comes to electrics. 2CV wiring I can just about manage, but modern stuff is a complete mystery.

Thanks for the wiring diagrams that I have studied closely. Is there a key to the symbols, codes and numbers readily available?
C6Dave   
Thu Oct 10 2019, 03:22pm

tich731 wrote ...

Thanks again C6Dave,

Thanks for the wiring diagrams that I have studied closely. Is there a key to the symbols, codes and numbers readily available?

Thought is was on site but couldn't find it so added it now: - Click Here -
Website
Tux2609   
Thu Nov 18 2021, 05:37pm
Member No: #4887
Does anyone know which fuse is G36 Drivers heated seat? I'm looking at the diagram and it doesn't match with the fuse box.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club