C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Exchange mid front parking sensors?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
David K   
Thu Oct 28 2021, 11:51am
Member No: #42
I have tried to find a tutorial or guidelines for exchanging the mid front parking sensors here, but without success. No problem to exchange the sensors in the corners, but I don't really see how to do with the mid sensors.

Has anyone exchanged them and/or can give a short guideline?
onthecut   
Sun Nov 21 2021, 11:46am
Member No: #2793
Really glad to see you write there's no problem changing the front corner sensors -- I'm just hoping you found a lazy way. I have removed the trim and indicator lamp and can feel the sensor assembly below. What I can't quite do is get the sensor to part company with the outer part that retains it in the bumper. I can feel wherethe lugs are that the sensor clips into, but haven't fathomed a knack to separate the two. Strikes me as one of those pieces that is designed more for assembly than taking apart. Did you mange to do it without removing the arch liner and if so, how ?

I guess you will have already seen the attached; looks depressingly like a strip down for the centres.

Mike.

MGmike   
Sun Nov 21 2021, 03:26pm
Member No: #3151
Mike, I've not tried this as I usually use a small screw driver which can/does break the clip but I will be the next time I have to change one...

Get yourself an old credit card and cut it in half, slide the card strips under the clips and the sensor should pull out with the card.

Let me know how you get on...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club