C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 trim levels

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Radox   
Wed Sep 18 2019, 09:42am
Member No: #4044
Hi, guys. Recently, I stumbled upon a brochure for the Citroen C6 from back when it first became available here in Germany in 2006. I thought it will be interesting to see which options exactly did the different trim levels have 13 years ago. Many of you probably know all the differences, but I'm sure it will be interesing for some. There were 3 different levels of equipment, called respectively C6, Lignage and Exclusive. Here they are:

Level C6
Price = 46 800 Euros
Options = The C6 trim level did already have plenty of stuff, but it was missing the following:
- Automatic dimming of the outside rear view mirrors (the central mirror did have dimming)
- Parking sensors
- Soundproof windows
- Lane departure warning system
- Alarm system
- Dynamic headlights
- Memory for the front seats
- Leather upholstery
- Genuine wood trim (instead, the C6 level had a glossy dark grey trim on the dashboard and doors)
- Head-Up Display
- Six CD changer
- 7" Navidrive display (the C6 level had a tiny 16-color display)
- Navigation
- JBL Soundsystem

Level Lignage
Price = 49 890 Euros
Options = The Lignage trim level had all the C6 had to offer, plus the following:
- Automatic dimming of the outside rear view mirrors
- Parking sensors
- Dynamic headlights
- Five-way adjustment of the front seats
- Semi-leather trim on the seats
- Dark blue trim on the dashboard and doors
- Head-Up Display

Level Exclusive
Price = 56 350 Euros
Options = The Exclusive trim level had all the Lignage had to offer, plus the following:
- Soundproof windows
- Lane departure warning system
- Alarm system
- Memory for the front seats
- Full leather seats
- Six CD changer
- 7" Navidrive display
- Navigation
- JBL Soundsystem
- Genuine wood trim

Additional options
Going beyond the Exlcusive level was possible, with the following special options:
- Metallic paint (850 Euros)
- Pack Lounge rear seats (1335 Euros)
- Sun roof (980 Euros)
- Chrome rings on the four door speakers (131 Euros)
- Tow bar (589 Euros)
- Heating with remote control (1516 Euros)
- Roof mounted DVD player with a 7" display (699 Euros)
- Electrically adjustable steering column (199 Euros)
- "Superturismo GT" 19" sport alloy wheels (3188 Euros)

Afterwards, in 2009, the trim levels were axed to just "Business" and "Exclusive", with Business roughly being the equivalent of the Lignange. Moreover, during the last two years of production (2011-2012) only the Exclusive option remained.

I think this topic is a useful reference point, because I do get asked about the trim levels a lot. If you see necessary, you can move it to the sticky thread section.
Tjensen   
Wed Sep 18 2019, 03:23pm
Member No: #954
I think the Exclusive from 2009---> had electrically adjustable steering column and Metallic paint. But the "Wood trim" is it really wood ?? Or just luxury wood-like plastic ?
Radox   
Wed Sep 18 2019, 05:17pm
Member No: #4044
Tjensen wrote ...

I think the Exclusive from 2009---> had electrically adjustable steering column and Metallic paint. But the "Wood trim" is it really wood ?? Or just luxury wood-like plastic ?

According to the official spec brochure, the trim in the Exclusive cars is a completely genuine "Mukonto" wood type. Probably someone can try and cut his car's dashboard to see if it is indeed real
rwb   
Thu Sep 19 2019, 08:35pm
Member No: #1988
I'd say mine is poverty spec.
It's described in ServiceBox as UPPER LOW PLUS

I have:
half leather
plastic trim
front and rear parking sensors
electrochrome mirror
no navigation
no lane departure
manual steering column
no memory seats
half leather (the cloth is actually very nice!)
paint is EXLD (noir obsidien) which I think is metallic
Website
C6Dave   
Fri Sep 20 2019, 07:57am

Member No: #1
@rwb UPPER LOW PLUS = Lignage in the UK

My car is a Lignage but specced up with full leather and navidrive. There are quite a few like that around.

Navidrive I don't use as it's 4 years out of date now so use a TomTom for long journeys but the leather with heated and electric seats is nice in the winter. Electric steering column is just something else to go wrong and 'lounge pack' restricts the load area too much and was a pain in my last C6 and I suspect something that is rarely utilised on any C6 unless your a French politician being ferried around Paris

Oh and lane departure very quickly gets to be annoying and turned off if fitted to a C6 I have owned.
Website
bargi   
Fri Sep 27 2019, 06:22pm
Member No: #2590
Heating with remote control?
now that would be handy!
Tjensen   
Sat Sep 28 2019, 07:28pm
Member No: #954
I think that was standard in "Northern Europe" (Norway/Finland/Sweden ?) The car already has a Webasto system and this is a possibility to use it to preheat from a remote based on the same system

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club