Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 2.7 Hdi Driveshaft removal

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
mistuart   
Tue Sep 17 2019, 07:05pm
Member No: #4068
I am in the process of removing my engine on my C6 2.7 Hdi Auto.
I have to replace an aircon pipe and cure various oil and water leaks.
Does anyone know how to remove the right hand driveshaft?
Left hand driveshaft popped out easy.
Can’t get to the carrier bolts and the joint won’t separate at the intermediate joint.
Thanks for any help in advance.
MGmike   
Wed Sep 18 2019, 11:06pm
Member No: #3151
the bearing is held in to the carrier by a 1/2 plate with two torx bolts but is a bit of a challenge to get out (and worse to get back in!)!

Work from the wheel arch with 1/4 drive torx and about 300m of extension bar, turn the drive shaft so the inner joint casing cutouts reveal the bolt head (one at 1 o'clock the other at 7 o'clock). Once these are removed you'll need a very long pry bar between the back of the inner joint and some handy point on the engine, chassis etc. to leaver the bearing out of the carrier, it will be tight! If you're lucky it will fall out if not it should eventually pop out!

Ensure the outer bearing race is spotless before reinstalling and loosely install the 1/2 plate before putting the shaft back in otherwise you'll be tearing you hair out trying to reach in to get the bolts back in. A magnetic pick-up tool comes in handy if you have one....

Best of luck...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club