Taking "le plunge" - 2.2 manual Italy

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
InLikeFlynn   
Mon Sep 16 2019, 12:20am
Member No: #4072
Hi folks,

I went to look at a '11 5008 today as a 2nd baby is on the way and stumbled upon a 2.2 manual C6, well she had me at "Hello", it was love at first sight, I brushed past the 5008 like an ex you want to avoid (a great car for what it does though), in fact I had forgotten how much I have always loved the C6, I have owned a Safrane, Vel Satis, Laguna II and a Mk1 C5 in the past.

So I just found this amazing forum what a great resource and fair play to you all for putting it together and keeping it going.

I have a couple of doubts on the model I saw and would really appreciate any feedback. 

No history but Italian MOT'd till april '21

150km/92k miles

Inside immaculate beige leather, none of the usual wear and tear or crows feet type aging crevasses in the leather

I think a 2.2 manual makes more sense as lower costs and the manual gearbox should be less troublesome
... I imagine and hope.

Dealer is seriously dodgy, didnt test drive it today but checked the clutch and drove it forward a few metres and seems fluid, had a terrible experience with the Safrane and the concentric valve cylinder which was only noticeable when the engine warmed up that doesnt seem likely on this C6.

Started 1st time left it running idle while I had a look around and engine looks good but I'm no mechanic, electrics seem ok no warning lights.
Hydraulics work up and down, no noise when activated.

3 x Alarm bells for me :

The mouth of the power steering bottle has a sponge wrapped around the circumference, maybe the top of the bottle is cracked.... I turned the steering wheel in both directions and got a load shudder in both directions, pump gone perhaps ?

The engine fusebox is making a very steady high pitched ring like 50 hertz only a much much higher frequency.

At the back of the engine where it meets the dark black cabin insulation/sound proofing material there is an initial layer of thick silver material almost like underlay with tinfoil on it... this has been shifted and a bit torn... looks messy, why would something like that be so badly torn ?

Minor concerns.

The amber "lateral" lights front and rear passenger side (right hand side as we're in Italy) I thought this might be a parking light when parked on a curb so as to give other drivers a headsup... 

Can't see how to switch it off neither can the dodgy dealer and they are not activated on the driver's side. It's not the indicator lights as they are different, any ideas ?

Both boot pistons are gone and will need replacing.

Vertical open edge of the door windows have what looks like tiny bubbling along the entire edge or looks almost like tiny chips in the glass....

Is it possible to use an OBD reader or does it have to be their bespoke Lexia tool

Hoping to get time to test drive it this week.

Dealer is selling it for 5.2k euro...

I offered 2.7k as it's a dodgy dealer he says he'll take 4k euro

(ps. I am bingeing on C6 videos on youtube and the forum posts here, love it!)

Thank you in advance guys

Tjensen   
Mon Sep 16 2019, 08:54am
Member No: #954
Many OBD readers with lots of information on C6. I use one from Foxwell
InLikeFlynn   
Mon Sep 16 2019, 12:40pm
Thanks Tjensen, good to now as my new Bluedriver OBD scanner just arrived today
C6Dave   
Mon Sep 16 2019, 01:59pm

Member No: #1
Bubbles in the glass sounds like de-lamination, the side as well as the screen are acoustic laminate sound reducing glass
Website
InLikeFlynn   
Mon Sep 16 2019, 11:08pm
Cheers C6Dave

Anyone any ideas what the highpitchhed hum coming from the engine fusebox might be and is it anything to worry about ?

Also the front and rear "lateral" amber passenger side lights, why are they switched on and how can they be turned  off ?

Thanks everyone

C6Dave   
Tue Sep 17 2019, 06:56am

When comparing specs don't be to concerned on the sat naff. The latest maps you can get for it were compiled quarter 4 2015 so are well out of date.

I personally use a TomTom Go 600 as it's far more up to date and takes telephone calls via Bluetooth. I have used it in Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Belgium, France as well as the UK.

Hum from the fusebox, are you sure it's not from the HP suspension pump?
Website
321dave   
Tue Sep 17 2019, 08:33am
Member No: #614

Also the front and rear "lateral" amber passenger side lights, why are they switched on and how can they be turned off ?

Hi Dave,
lateral amber light can be configured through Lexia. You can add them to be on with the rear tail light if you wanted that with the headlights off. Or you can indeed set it up with just front daylight running lights on or off as well. Hope that's some help.

321Dave

InLikeFlynn   
Tue Sep 17 2019, 08:50pm
"I personally use a TomTom Go 600 as it's far more up to date and takes telephone calls via Bluetooth. I have used it in Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Belgium, France as well as the UK."

Cheers C6Dave,
I will try my phone audio out into the aux-in in the glovebox, saw someone mentioning that as a workaround and use the mic on the phone,

Would be great if there was a 2nd AUX for a usb thumb drive for mp3s.

Thank you 321dave (alot of Daves on this forum!) Someone must have been messing around with the lexia on this example as neither lamps are actuvated on the drivers side.
C6Dave   
Wed Sep 18 2019, 08:05am

Would be great if there was a 2nd AUX for a usb thumb drive for mp3s.

If it's got an RT4/RT5 head unit you can plug a cable in the back which takes a USB stick (details on site how to make one)

I haven't bothered this time, I just loaded some MP3 CD's onto the internal hard drive.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club