changing preset temperature airco

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
bijs   
Sun Sep 08 2019, 11:03am
Member No: #3890
hello,
I'm driving my c6 now for 6 months without any problems.
But there is one thing that bothers me : always as i step in the car the airco starts at a temperature of 21 C , and i find that too cold.

Is it possible to set the temp to fix it as you turn off the engine or set the starting up temp to a different temp ?

I've got a diagbox tool but i couldn't find a way too change it .
gr Bert ( netherlands )
C6Dave   
Sun Sep 08 2019, 04:17pm

Member No: #1
Never seen that on any of my 6's, temperature always stays at whatever I have it set to.
Website
Hattershaun   
Mon Sep 09 2019, 08:19am
Member No: #320
Temperature should be saved along with seat position & side mirrors positions in the memory, assuming you have memory function.
To store settings press M, then press & hold 1 or 2 until you hear a confirmation noise.
bijs   
Mon Sep 09 2019, 01:31pm
Thanks for the reaction on my question.
I tried to set the memory 1 and 2 on different positions and temp but always as i turn off the key and back on the temp is 21 C.
Is there a "factory" reset for the car ?
Or is this a thing when set up for deliver a new car (as possible in the diagbox ) ?
C6Dave   
Mon Sep 09 2019, 03:45pm

Member No: #1
Setting to 21c from the dashboard and running the car is a 'reset' position the driver can carry out but there is something strange going on with your car.

When you have the engine running can you still set the temperatures up or down and individually side to side?
Website
bijs   
Mon Sep 09 2019, 06:46pm
The airco is working perfect, i can set all temperatures i want and also two together and apart from each other.
But after turning the key it starts up with 21 C and every side on its own.
eke   
Tue Sep 10 2019, 04:01pm
Member No: #624
If the car has webasto heater, the temperature when starting is always 21 C. I was told so by official Citroen service here in Finland. If your car does not have webasto, then it is strange behaviour.
Fraunie   
Tue Sep 10 2019, 05:03pm
Member No: #3763
I have a Webasto heater and the same phenomenon: It is always set at "Auto" and 21° C. I tried to set it in the Diagbox (marked no heater) but it doesn't change...
eke   
Tue Sep 10 2019, 05:08pm
Member No: #624
You can't change that (Auto and 21 °C), if the car has webasto
bijs   
Tue Sep 10 2019, 05:23pm
That's it !
I don't have a Webasto but an Eberspacher hydronic d5ws unit in my car.
So in the summer deactivating the heater doesn't work.
thank you all for your input.
gr Bert
joopajaa   
Fri Oct 04 2019, 05:59am
Member No: #3261
This behaviour is because there is a relay behind heater panel - it cuts the CAN-bus from the panel when car is not running allowing heater to run fan in pre-heating. It can be over-run by a simple switch "summer/winter" - in summer position the relay is bypassed with this switch and the CAN is not cut when car is shut down.

The default 21 degrees cannot be changed but with "summer" position the car will remember the previous setting when starting.
Dagence   
Thu Oct 17 2019, 08:38am
Member No: #3006
I got my Webasto installed my by a local Webasto expert a year ago or so. He asked me what temp set I want the car to start with.He proposed 21 but I wanted 22 and so it does, 22 every time.No idea how he made it but I can ask.
Fraunie   
Thu Oct 17 2019, 05:11pm
Member No: #3763
Yes, please ask him...
Dagence   
Fri Oct 18 2019, 05:48am
Member No: #3006
I called him and of course he didn´t remember. After long thinking he said that most likely it has to do with aircon/temp unit memory. Has to do with ignition on/off / diconnecting the unit will memorise latest value used ??? All in all he was really uncertain about a year ago done work. Sorry I couldn´t hope more.
And he has no Lexia or similar...
bijs   
Mon Jul 26 2021, 07:17pm
joopajaa wrote ...

This behaviour is because there is a relay behind heater panel - it cuts the CAN-bus from the panel when car is not running allowing heater to run fan in pre-heating. It can be over-run by a simple switch "summer/winter" - in summer position the relay is bypassed with this switch and the CAN is not cut when car is shut down.

The default 21 degrees cannot be changed but with "summer" position the car will remember the previous setting when starting.

I found a workshop manual for the heater with a wiring diagram but it is not clear for me where i must make the cut for the switch.
And where is the connection to the canbus ?

eberspacher_heater_d5ws_workshop_manual_1.pdf
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club