C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Airbag or belt pretension warning

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
datmbn   
Wed Oct 20 2010, 05:00am
Member No: #193
I have had this warning of and on for a month now mostly on when it is cold desipering when the car gets warm (inside) now it is cold outside so it takes werry long for it to disepear.
Lexia reports no foult codes but if you test the individual componenets it report foult on left and right rear belt pre tenisioner.
This foult firs appered wen i have leved the car full loaded with the backseat folded over the night so i suspeckt an contakt ore lead failor.
Is ther by anny chance someone that got anny foulfinding instruktions or componet placingng or ledlocation documents for the arbag and belt system?

regards mats
C6Dave   
Wed Oct 20 2010, 07:17am

Member No: #1
The switches in the actual seat belt stalks fastened to the car floor are known to fail so it could be one of them giving the message (had it on the Pug 207)

Added what I could find to downloads here: - Click Here -

But nothing on fault finding I'm afraid.
Website
datmbn   
Wed Oct 20 2010, 09:03am
this is logical the ecu itself reports no foult but it fails to know if the seatbelt is used or not,
I think if seatbelt not in use pretenisioner shud not be trigerd.

thanks for the documents

regards Mats
datmbn   
Thu Oct 21 2010, 04:59am
No the switches was OK so i just have to messure the leds to the airbags.

I was a litel afriad to acidently trigger an airbag when checking the leads so i cald an spoke to a man at Autoliv (hi is responsible for the customer return).

Her is some facts 100 mA is ok 800 mA 100% chance for triggering, the system itself uses aprox. 10 mA to messure.

An airbag ore pretenisor shud have aprox 2 Ohm resistanse and ther shud be no conektion to ground.

My instrument gives aprox 0.2 mA when messuring so it shud be ok .

I am going to messure from the ecu and gradiualy step outwards to se where the problem is.

the ecu is located rear of the gerchifter so if it exist an instuktion of how to remove the center console i will greatly apresiate one.

regard Mats
C6Dave   
Thu Oct 21 2010, 06:59am

Sorry there is nothing on how to remove the armrest but if you lift it up you can see the screws holding that in place.

As for the centre Console the information is limited to a parts list but most of it clips into place anyway

I have added what I could find here: - Click Here -
Website
datmbn   
Thu Oct 21 2010, 09:59am
Very much thank you Dave for taking you time to put this documents on line and reading my poor writing with misspelled words

regards Mats
C6Dave   
Thu Oct 21 2010, 01:42pm

datmbn wrote ...

Very much thank you Dave for taking you time to put this documents on line and reading my poor writing with misspelled words

regards Mats

Not a problem, I'm aware of the language position and any attempts at Swedish from me would be via Google Translate, how good that would be well, lets give it a try...

Inte ett problem, jag är medveten om språk position och alla försök till svenska från mig skulle vara via Google Translate, hur bra det skulle vara bra, låter ge det ett försök ...
Website
datmbn   
Mon Oct 25 2010, 01:44pm
Not a problem, I'm aware of the language position and any attempts at Swedish from me would be via Google Translate, how good that would be well, lets give it a try...

Inte ett problem, jag är medveten om språk position och alla försök till svenska från mig skulle vara via Google Translate, hur bra det skulle vara bra, låter ge det ett försök ...

lets do it by hand....

Inga problem, jag är medveten om språkproblemen, och om jag skulle försöka med svenska skulle jag behöva använda Google översätt, hur bra det nu skulle bli, låt oss göra ett försök.

and then back via Google

No problem, I am aware of language problems, and if I would try to Swedish, I would have to use Google translate, how good it would now be, let's give it a try.

that was pretty god, lets try some tecknickal text.

Hissa upp bilen och ställ den på pallbockar, lossa oljepluggen och låt oljan rinna ut. Lossa sedan oljeinsatsfiltret med en sexkantshylsa nr 27 och byt ut det.

Återmontera oljepluggen och filtret, drag ett kvarts varv efter att det bottnat.

sänk ner bilen och öppna motorhuven fyll på olja genom oljepåfyllningshålet, starta motorn och kontrollera nivån.

Jack up the car and place it on jack stands, remove the drain plug and let the oil run out. Then loosen the oil filter response with a hexagon number 27 and replace it.

Replace the drain plug and filter, pull a quarter turn after it bottomed out.

lower the car and open the hood add oil through the oil filler cap, start the engine and check the level.
Amazing how good this works

regards Mats
C6Dave   
Mon Oct 25 2010, 03:16pm

Thanks for the feedback Mats, it's good to know the system works.
Website
321dave   
Thu Sep 08 2016, 05:59pm
Member No: #614
Got a simliar warning this evening coming home in heavy traffic and wet weather. When I got home I hooked up the lexia and checked for fault codes. I got this Fault. Code 8C62, front RH accelerometer sensor. It's saying no signal.

It's found under the :
detect_CHOC_pieton

Any idea where that sensor might be or why the signal might be no longer signalling, or could it be a lose wire I wonder?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club