C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

LDS Fluid expiry date?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Wed Sep 04 2019, 02:33pm

Member No: #1
Off on a road trip in a few days so went and bought a bottle of LDS Fluid to have in the car and was suprised to see it had on it an 'Expires 04/2024'

Now we know even though the gearbx is suposedly 'sealed for life' but in reality it really benefits from an oil change every 50k or so.

For me now the big question is, now that all C6 are over 7 years old should the LDS be flushed and changed as well just like the old LHM in a DS?

Thoughts everyone.
Website
C6Dave   
Wed Sep 04 2019, 05:24pm

Member No: #1
Interesting couple of responses on Facebook:

Corne Jansen van Rensburg If I remember correctly the manual states 200 000km or 10 years. Replaced them in my C5 and it was quite dirty after 15 years! So I guess best to see it as a routine thing and replace a bit earlier than the 10 years mark

Arnaud Lemasson I would recommend replacing the tank in same time as the filters inside are not accessible and consequently can not be cleaned.

I can't recollect seeing that in the Service Book anywhere and as my current C6 was built 2007 looks like it's overdue some TLC.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club