C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Power steering pipe 4014 HW needed

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
jeanlepharmacien   
Wed Aug 28 2019, 09:49am
Member No: #2484
Good afternoon, I have a leak from my power steering (think it's high pressure pipework from pump to steering rack) and the garage tell me part 4014 HW is needed (2019 2.7Hdi RHD C6) which is ...guess what... no longer available from Citroen

My MOT comes up in Jan 2020 and does anyone have/know of this part?
Any workarounds?
Scrapped car piece to be used as a template for custom manufacturing?

I have checked forums but not come up against many entries regarding this type of issue...(cannot be THAT rare)
Regards John
C6Dave   
Wed Aug 28 2019, 11:03am

Member No: #1
If you look on eBay there are a couple of 6's being broken for parts. Also try Arnaud at Citropro - Click Here -

My 1st C6 had a slight leak on a power steering pipe and I was told that it meant dropping the whole subframe to access however the car passed an MOT with it but it was 10 years ago.
Website
cruiserphil   
Thu Aug 29 2019, 09:08am

Member No: #38
Hello John,

I see on a french car forum post that Pleiades repaired a hydraulic steering pipe which was no longer available for a Xantia. Might be worth giving them a shout?

Best regards,

Phil C.
jeanlepharmacien   
Thu Aug 29 2019, 09:13am
Thanks for both of those suggestions;
Checked eBay but cant see any C6s advertised as being scrapped (that may be my searches..)

I'm trying Citropro for a scrap part - possibly as a template for a custom one to be made.

Have seen suggestions on EU sites that one may be available in Germany - not hopeful though.

Pleiades is an idea - my garage didn't tell me what the leak comprised of - I'm guessing ribber/metal unions as most likely site.

Regards John
Hattershaun   
Fri Aug 30 2019, 07:57am
Member No: #320
jeanlepharmacien wrote ...

Thanks for both of those suggestions;
Checked eBay but cant see any C6s advertised as being scrapped (that may be my searches..)

I'm trying Citropro for a scrap part - possibly as a template for a custom one to be made.

Have seen suggestions on EU sites that one may be available in Germany - not hopeful though.

Pleiades is an idea - my garage didn't tell me what the leak comprised of - I'm guessing ribber/metal unions as most likely site.

Regards John

Suggest you try Robert at B.L.Autos, he's just started breaking up a 2.7HDi C6.
- Click Here -
jeanlepharmacien   
Fri Aug 30 2019, 08:58am
Spoke to B: Autos; sadly they don't have the pipe (suspect someone got there before me)....
C6Dave   
Fri Aug 30 2019, 09:44am

Member No: #1
Try eecarparts on eBay, I bought some bits from them from a car being broken - Click Here -

There is also SYNETIQ on eBay - Click Here - who are breaking a C6

Hills Salvage advertising used parts - Click Here -

Finally Five Star Salavage - Click Here - breaking a C6

Website
rwb   
Tue Sep 03 2019, 07:50pm
Member No: #1988
If you can get the correct fittings for each end then can you get hose swaged onto them?
Website
321dave   
Wed Sep 04 2019, 11:34am
Member No: #614
rwb wrote ...

If you can get the correct fittings for each end then can you get hose swaged onto them?

That's a good idea. Looks like Most C6 will need a solution in the future. Checked by hoses as well and sure enough they are also weeping!!

jeanlepharmacien   
Wed Sep 04 2019, 12:04pm
It's going to be a real problem this. I'm looking to buy a scrap piece hopefully better than mine and fit it.
My plan is to take my old piece to use as a template and look to get new ends made and hoses to attached - there's plenty of heavy machinery hydraulic hose repair companies so this must be possible as long as the metal ends can be sorted.

The main problem is probably the metal runs as these probably snake over all sorts of components and restricted spaces
MGmike   
Wed Sep 04 2019, 12:24pm
Member No: #3151
If you can wait a little longer (couple of weeks) I've got one on my spares car you can buy. I can't guarantee it won't leak and might be best to refurbish it before fitting. Best to do it once properly than cut corners and do it twice! I'll also provide pictures of the run to help you get an idea of what needs to be removed. I'm guessing the front sub-frame(s) will need to be dropped if the engine is still in place!

Also, these guys said they could refurb most pipes if the metal ends are intact..
- Click Here -

jeanlepharmacien   
Wed Sep 04 2019, 02:11pm
MGmike wrote ...

If you can wait a little longer (couple of weeks) I've got one on my spares car you can buy. I can't guarantee it won't leak and might be best to refurbish it before fitting. Best to do it once properly than cut corners and do it twice! I'll also provide pictures of the run to help you get an idea of what needs to be removed. I'm guessing the front sub-frame(s) will need to be dropped if the engine is still in place!

Also, these guys said they could refurb most pipes if the metal ends are intact..
- Click Here -

I can wait a couple of weeks; a refurb would certainly be the best idea so can I take you up on that offer?
Paulius   
Wed Sep 04 2019, 05:49pm
Member No: #1821
I did have it refurbished, but some other power steering pipe was leaking as well. I think that they increased the "rubbery" length. Now I've got some problems with the steering - when the RPM is low, it somehow lacks support, steering wheel is hard to turn until i tap the gas a bit...
MGmike   
Wed Sep 04 2019, 10:24pm
Member No: #3151
jeanlepharmacien wrote ...

I can wait a couple of weeks; a refurb would certainly be the best idea so can I take you up on that offer?

No prob's, I'll try and get you some pic's at the weekend and PM you more details. I have a couple of days garage time scheduled mid month when I should be able to make time to remove it.
rwb   
Wed Sep 18 2019, 04:37pm
Member No: #1988
Well we've discovered that for the power steering you can jubilee clip hose onto the rigid pipe and it will hold.

I've asked all over -- tractor hydraulics in particular -- but either it's impossible to join rigid to hose other than by swaging, or it's a secret, and I swear it's the latter. I imagine it involving flaring the pipe and putting in an olive.
Website
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club