Attention, class!
It's actually very simple, really...

Lesson no.1:

2.2 = no AMVAR.
No AMVAR = no fun.

Therefore, 2.2 = no fun.

Lesson no.2:
AMVAR = pretty bulletproof solution.

Class dismissed, next time we'll talk about the notorious 2.7.

And yes, it's all gonna be on the finals.
Dan595   
Mon Sep 02 2019, 09:09pm
Member No: #299
In my humble opinion, constructed over 222,000 miles driving a 2.2, 2.2 = lots of fun.

2.2, in my experience = loves driving, hates garages.

I've also had lots of fun with the circa £10,000 saving in running costs over the 2.7 over the length of my ownership.

Your mileage may vary, but it doesn't make mine invalid.
Paulc   
Tue Sep 03 2019, 02:07pm
Member No: #4043
What are the yearly running costs like for a C6 - I get the mpg, its more the basic servicing costs, and are they fairly easy to complete yourself if needed.Some people seem to imply that the C6 is very expensive to maintain.
Still debating this 2.2 2007 version.
Also, anyone know about fixing inner wheel arch and front bumpers - I think its probably just a matter of buying and new plastic fixing screws, though not sure how the fit and where? Is there a 'how to' piece or diag anywhere?
Also, can I put 225/45 tyres on the rims instead of 225/55?

Thanks

Paul
C6Dave   
Tue Sep 03 2019, 05:15pm

Member No: #1
There is a whole raft of technical documents available on site: - Click Here -

Yes you can fit the correct tyres. Winter tyres especially for snow tend to be narrower than summer tyres so they cut down and get more grip but maybe the 225's were simply cheaper and why they were fitted.
Website
Dan595   
Wed Sep 04 2019, 01:56pm
Member No: #299
I think the correct tyre for the 2.2 manual is 225/55 R17 and I've always thought that the consensus has been that 17" tyres give a better ride than 18". Handling at the limit might be a different game. If you do change to 18", there is a setting in Diagbox to change.

Servicing in my experience has always been cheap - Citroen's fixed price servicing and repair prices have always been that C6 owners pay the same price as C1 owners, but recently their terms have changed and they exclude engines over 2 litres. Also the service interval at 20,000 miles / every two years is generous (some would say too generous). I've never done servicing myself (need to keep the service book stamped for lifetime warranty) but have done brakes, spheres, drop-links without too much drama (although it is a very big car to jack and support).

I did once work out the cost per mile, and it was cheaper than my GSA if depreciation was excluded. Given the number of miles I've now covered, it's probably cheaper even with depreciation @ ~ 7 pence per mile.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club