Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Power steering pipe 4014 HW needed

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
C6Dave   
Wed Sep 18 2019, 04:46pm

Member No: #1
rwb wrote ...

Well we've discovered that for the power steering you can jubilee clip hose onto the rigid pipe and it will hold.

I've asked all over -- tractor hydraulics in particular -- but either it's impossible to join rigid to hose other than by swaging, or it's a secret, and I swear it's the latter. I imagine it involving flaring the pipe and putting in an olive.

You can put new ends onto hydraulic hose manually or via a swagging machine, we did it underground back in the 1970's....

So theoretically you could add fittings and couple the hose if you can find them small enough but if it is the return line that's leaking it will be no different to the DS suspension setup from the 1950's and hose clips should suffice.

High pressure side would be different though.
Website
C6Dave   
Mon Sep 30 2019, 06:00pm

Had a phone call from my local garage today who have another customers C6 in which has pin holes in the power steering pipes so both need changing and yes Citroen no longer supply them.

I did see a listing for some in the Ukraine which are 'arriving' 18th October, where from, who knows so getting the pipes off and remaking them seems the only option available but yes it looks like the subframe needs to be dropped to remove them so a big job.
Website
verycleverman   
Tue Oct 01 2019, 01:39pm
Member No: #65
C6Dave wrote ...

Had a phone call from my local garage today who have another customers C6 in which has pin holes in the power steering pipes so both need changing and yes Citroen no longer supply them.

I'm guessing that's me!

I tried Rob at BL Autos and he has nothing available. Maybe BL could invest in a Permaswage Kit and corner the market.

Pete.
C6Dave   
Tue Oct 01 2019, 06:11pm

verycleverman wrote ...

I'm guessing that's me!

I tried Rob at BL Autos and he has nothing available. Maybe BL could invest in a Permaswage Kit and corner the market.

Pete.

Sounds like it Peter...

The problem will be finding the right set of pipes as the part numbers differ by build date ( RPO)

Yours has a pinhole in the metal part near the bend at the rack end and a previous repair elsewhere (possibly the low pressure return side?).

I sugessted contacting one of the Hydraulic Hose repair companies that operate locally - Click Here - to see what they could do but the hoses would probably need to come out to do that which means dropping the front subframe so not an easy task.

The only listing I could find with 'potential' stock was in the Ukraine - Click Here - but it would be expensive if they even exist....

There is an eBay seller breaking a C6 - Click Here -

You could try Arnaud at Citropro (eBay shop - Click Here -

Another eBay 'breaker' - Click Here -

An eBay seller with C6 Parts - Click Here -

Another eBay breaking a C6 - Click Here -

A breaker from Yorkshire with a C6 - Click Here -

You just need to get on the phone and give them all a call....

Good Luck!

BTW I did find that early cars had a replacement recommendation as follows:

4014 X5 Propose Replacing with: 4014 JA (1 X STEERING HIGH PRESSURE PIPE) + 4013 76(1 X RADIATOR POWER-STEERING) + 4018 CJ(2 X POWER STEERING PIPE CLAMP)
Website
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club