C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

'Drive' not engaging

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
flump   
Tue Aug 20 2019, 05:14pm
Member No: #4028
Hi all, Ive just picked up my first C6 (2006, 2.7 HDI, Exclusive) here in France, I drove for two minutes, then stopped, after that it wouldn't engage 'drive'. The lever would move into position but 'N' was displayed on the screen and the car didnt move. I tried everything i could think of, wiggling it, turning car off then on, into the manual part of the gate, but nothing. Ended calling breakdown recovery, when they arrived, typically it went straight into Drive!! we drove around the block and it was ok, so i drove home. left the car 20 minutes and then tried again...same problem, although this time it eventually went into drive, with lots of yanking and wobbling off the gear lever.
Is this a known problem? should i ask for my money back?

Many thanks in advance!
C6Dave   
Tue Aug 20 2019, 05:23pm

Member No: #1
flump wrote ...

Is this a known problem? should i ask for my money back?

Many thanks in advance!

No, not a 'known' problem that I am aware of.

I would return the car as unfit for purpose and look for another as you could end up with a large bill for a gearbox repair.
Website
cruiserphil   
Tue Aug 20 2019, 07:12pm

Member No: #38
Hello Flump,

It would be worth checking the selector linkage on top of the transmission. If you take out the air filter housing you can get close up to it and then see what's happening when your selecting drive.

Best regards,

Phil C.

flump   
Wed Aug 21 2019, 03:17pm
Member No: #4028
Thanks for the answers guys. Today ive been out in the car 4 or 5 times and its been spot on every time! The only difference i can think of between today and yesterday is the delivery guy had driven it 3 hrs to reach me so maybe it was hot? anyway its ok at the moment.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club