C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Bought My 1st C6!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
xantiaboy   
Mon Aug 19 2019, 07:05pm
Member No: #3978
Hi, I have just bought my 1st C6, and will be picking it up on Friday. It is a 2007 Lignage 2.7 diesel automatic. The car is silver, has done around 137,000 miles, and comes with a fair amount of history and paperwork.

While going through the paperwork, I wasn't able to find any evidence of the gearbox oil ever being changed.

I have seen quite a few posts on the forum which indicate regular oil changes are preferable, so I am keen to swap the oil out fairly soon. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on this, for example, is it absolutely necessary to reset the 'oil usage counter to zero' etc.

I was also wondering if there are any members around my area of Bracknell / Reading who have done this job before, and may be willing to lend me a hand? I can get the tools etc together, but don't have access to a diagnostic tool.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
C6Dave   
Tue Aug 20 2019, 10:23am

Member No: #1
Your only an hour or so from BL Autos so I would let Rob do the oil change.

Far less messy and he knows what he's doing.
Website
Fraunie   
Wed Aug 21 2019, 05:49pm
Member No: #3763
I just did a change of the gearbox oil and when I tried to reset the "oil usage counter" to 000000 I have found out that you have to put in a "1" at the very end (000001), otherwise the system doesn't accept it...
xantiaboy   
Wed Aug 21 2019, 08:30pm
Member No: #3978
Hi Fraunie, thanks, that is useful information.
As a matter of interest, which tool did you use to reset the 'oil usage counter'?
Also, can the current oil usage be read before resetting?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club