Going Electric

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Claude   
Fri Aug 16 2019, 06:29pm
Member No: #4030
Hi.

I've been thinking about ways of prolonging the life of my C6 as I can't think of another car that I would like to replace it with. One thing that came to mind is converting it to electric. Has anyone looked into this and can you see any pitfalls other than the cost?
furriegurrie   
Sat Aug 17 2019, 07:33am
Member No: #2448
Never looked into it, but it has crossed my mind a couple of times. I’d love to have an electric C6. Have driven a Tesla and also been a passenger in them, but I like the C6 more with regards to styling, materials and build quality.

Biggest issue will be the weight of the C6 and the electric systems that will limit the range.
321dave   
Sat Aug 17 2019, 12:56pm
Member No: #614
furriegurrie wrote ...

Never looked into it, but it has crossed my mind a couple of times. I’d love to have an electric C6. Have driven a Tesla and also been a passenger in them, but I like the C6 more with regards to styling, materials and build quality.

Biggest issue will be the weight of the C6 and the electric systems that will limit the range.

You know, when you think about it. The C6 would be a great electric car. Simply quieter with the suspension would be really good I think. Here's to a great future! When we get them converted that is.
Claude   
Sat Aug 17 2019, 03:40pm
Member No: #4030
I've started looking into this and will begin making enquiries next week. The cost seams a bit high (as I expected). I think that I can expect to pay £15k upwards. There's not rush to do this as the C6 only has just over 61K miles on it.

I'll let you know how things go.
C6Dave   
Sat Aug 17 2019, 04:30pm

Member No: #1
Claude wrote ...
I think that I can expect to pay £15k upwards

From what I have read most conversions are done with 2nd hand Tesla or Nissan Leaf parts.

For something the size of a C6 and to get decent range your very optimistic, I would think you could double that and more depending on the size of the battery pack needed.

In the future prices might come down as parts become more readily available but for now is it really viable?
Website
speedfix   
Sat Aug 17 2019, 05:37pm
Member No: #1043
Electric spoilt for choice, IMO the Tesla with air suspension is a match for the 3.0 HDI so much so that in time I will be parting with one of the C6s.

As for the electric conversion IMO Jack Rickard EVTV in the states is the man to watch on U-tube he has carried out many conversions of all types, a search will be needed :
- Click Here -.
Kaloteck   
Sun Sep 01 2019, 06:34pm
Member No: #1271
speedfix wrote ...

IMO the Tesla with air suspension is a match for the 3.0 HDI

Wow, now that's something, cause rumour has it the T feels rather stiff…?
speedfix   
Thu Sep 05 2019, 07:39pm
Member No: #1043
Sorry for late posting, just caught up with post.

Yes that is why I choose the air suspension with 19" wheels as apposed to the 22".
Something like the C6 with 17" being a better ride than the 18" wheels!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club