Gearbox - is this normal?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Cojko   
Mon Apr 24 2023, 11:13am
Member No: #5015
Hello,

When I accelerate the transmission upshifts normally but when I downshift in 4th gear at 1500rpm instead of shifting into 3rd gear it drops out of gear. It is still in 4th gear, but with minimal engine revs, acceleration is done via the torque converter until 2100 rpm when it grabs 4th gear again. It's the same in 3rd gear when I lower the speed. Don't shift into 2nd.
It doesn't do this when I'm driving down a hill. It also shifts normally when in the Sport and Snow program. Then it shifts normally into lower gears.

Does this happen to you too and is it normal?
cruiserphil   
Tue Apr 25 2023, 09:17am

Member No: #38
Hello Cojko,

I find at times that the auto transmission will allow the car coast rather than downshift and cause the engine to slow down the car. If your transmission shifts are smooth I would not be concerned.

Best regards,

Phil C.
cit-rotti   
Tue Apr 25 2023, 05:32pm
Member No: #3753
Even if Citroen says that automatic transmissions have a lifetime filling - this only serves the purpose of itself and is of course completely wrong.

A car should not last longer than a maximum of 150 000 - 180 000 km.

All automatic transmission manufacturers - including Aisin, of course - recommend regular partial oil changes every 50 000 - 60 000 KM.

The same applies to the engine oil - modern diesel engines, especially with FAP, enrich the engine oil with many pollutants and the oil quality deteriorates. Whenever an engine consumes no or very little oil, it increasingly indicates that oil is actually being consumed - but the unwanted residues compensate for the oil loss.

Greetings Wolfgang

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club