Engine light after thermostat change?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
cruiserphil   
Wed Jul 24 2019, 08:49am

Member No: #38
Hello Bigbruggsy,

If you haven't cleared the error with Lexia/Diagbox it may take several runs of the engine before the error lamp clears.

Best regards,

Phil C.
bigbruggsy   
Wed Jul 24 2019, 09:01am
Member No: #3483
Oh, so just disconnecting the battery for a few minutes isnt enough?
David Hallworth   
Wed Jul 24 2019, 01:24pm

Member No: #90
No, disconnecting the battery is unlikely to make any difference at all if you've got a stored fault code.

A few runs with stopping and starting the engine might work but there's no guarantee of that either. If you've got a dealer local to where you are, you'd be best trying to get them to read the fault codes rather then changing parts constantly.

You might be lucky and find that you've already swapped the bad part and it just needs a diagnostics session to sort it.

David.
bigbruggsy   
Sat Jul 27 2019, 05:43am
Member No: #3483
Hi all, thanks again for all of your advice. I've finally fixed the engine light and emissions error by replacing the 1920RK sensor. I also had to replace 1920JF sensor as I broke this when trying to give it a clean (it only needs a 1/4 turn and then you pull it out) After a bit of driving, switching off and then on again, then engine light finally went off.
So for me anyway the moral of the story is.......
When replacing the thermo stat housing becareful if cleaning areas nearby, especially the 1920RK sensor (mine was so clocked I could not see the fragile sensor wire).

Thanks again for your speed responses and suggestions.
321dave   
Sat Jul 27 2019, 12:49pm
Member No: #614
bigbruggsy wrote ...

Hi all, thanks again for all of your advice. I've finally fixed the engine light and emissions error by replacing the 1920RK sensor. I also had to replace 1920JF sensor as I broke this when trying to give it a clean (it only needs a 1/4 turn and then you pull it out) After a bit of driving, switching off and then on again, then engine light finally went off.
So for me anyway the moral of the story is.......
When replacing the thermo stat housing becareful if cleaning areas nearby, especially the 1920RK sensor (mine was so clocked I could not see the fragile sensor wire).

Thanks again for your speed responses and suggestions.

Well done and thanks for letting the forum know the root cause of your problem. Enjoy your lovely C6.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club