Battery Problems

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
pgrant5   
Sun Jul 28 2019, 03:20pm
Member No: #3774
Hi All,

Following one problem, after another my battery has just died. Having developed an allergy to Citroen dealerships (I always get a pain in the wallet) I thought that if I look online, I should save a few pounds.
Well after browsing umpteen sites, only to find that no one lists the correct battery I had an epiphany the Daimler I used to own also had a large battery in the boot?
So I searched for a Daimler battery, and found that it is exactly the right size, and was 100AH, and 900CCA, as opposed to 950CCA, which is only marginally different.
I ordered the following battery from the following site:-

- Click Here -

I received it the next day, and it fits fine, it comes with a 5 year guarantee, and is also guaranteed to have 50,000 starts (Don’t worry I’m counting) you can use any 019 battery, but I thought this represented good value.

Kind Regards
Peter

C6Dave   
Sun Jul 28 2019, 05:47pm

Member No: #1
Very good value. An OEM original from Citroen, fitted under 'fixed price repairs' is £139.00.

Best I could find when looking was a Varta H3 from Tanya but with delivery was only around £20 less than the dealer price for one fitted which included a car health check and a wash and hoover out. For me, I was happy to pay the £139.00 so I didn't have to do the work
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club