Radiator leaking again.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
jesus1973   
Thu Jun 27 2019, 10:28am
Member No: #1051
Hi there,
I noticed another coolant loss coming from the top of the radiator, in one of the thermosealed "caps", it wasn't big but constant so we changed the radiator last february. Now the new radiator is leaking again exactly in the same point.
I changed it at home with a friend who is a mechanic and he keeps telling me that it is probably a defective part and we just need to change it again. The seller is sending me another for free but I just find it curious that the faulty section is right where the old one was. Should I stop overthinking it and just change it or you think there might be other aspects involved, .... pressure..... engine trembling more than before....
Just for peace of mind I appreciate your answers. Have a nice Summer.

AivarVal   
Mon Jul 08 2019, 06:25pm
Member No: #1956
HI
Welcome to the club.i changed radiator 2 months ago with same problem an new leaks again.what the purpose of these covers i dont understand.
321dave   
Tue Jul 09 2019, 08:33am
Member No: #614
AivarVal wrote ...

HI
Welcome to the club.i changed radiator 2 months ago with same problem an new leaks again.what the purpose of these covers i dont understand.

Hi guys,
What brand of Radiator are you using?
jesus1973   
Sat Jul 20 2019, 04:03am
Member No: #1051
The first one was NRF B.V. Now this time I am going with AVA Deutschland GMBH.
321dave   
Sat Jul 20 2019, 12:18pm
Member No: #614
jesus1973 wrote ...

The first one was NRF B.V. Now this time I am going with AVA Deutschland GMBH.

Ah Right, the quality of the radiator I installed recently had also poor quality plastic married to the metal sections.

It was NRF. It will be the last one I buy.

The valve/screw near where your Rad was leaking is very very soft and poor quality. So poor in fact that as I bleed the rad I almost broke the screw. It was just new!!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club