C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 "Comfort spheres" *done*

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
joopajaa   
Mon Jul 23 2018, 12:19pm
Member No: #3261
Like Tjensen wrote, maybe these modern hydractives have too small suspension travel by design so one cannot get the smoothness he wants..
Kaloteck   
Mon Jul 23 2018, 03:54pm
Member No: #1271
The C6 really is the most comfortable car on the planet, just do the height adjustment with proper tools and you will see the difference.
joopajaa   
Thu Apr 18 2019, 03:31pm
Is it safe to try 70bar regulator ones to front? OEM should be 50bar.
gmerry   
Fri Apr 19 2019, 10:06am
Member No: #21
Don't use 70 bar for the front corners.

The suspension has been designed with a level of matching between loaded pressures for each corner and switching in and out of the stiffness sphere.

joopajaa   
Fri Apr 19 2019, 11:00am
gmerry wrote ...

Don't use 70 bar for the front corners.

The suspension has been designed with a level of matching between loaded pressures for each corner and switching in and out of the stiffness sphere.

I see your concern - but I dont see if it will cause problems since you "can" drive with faulty under-pressuded spheres (as we all sometimes do / will do). So why not over-pressured? We have the AMVAR which will make the corner stiffer if the travel is too big. Because the AMVAR I would guess there is no problems - but this is guessing, I hoped someone has tried this all ready

I would say I want 20-40% moore loose front end - the rear is quite ok. Floating is fine for me..
gmerry   
Fri Apr 19 2019, 03:07pm
Member No: #21
For a lower spring rate, if that is what you want, it might be an idea to increase the volume of the spheres, eg add in an additional stiffness regulator sphere???

Suspect Citroen spent a long time coming up with a good design, so to improve you might need to spend a lot of time on experiments.
joopajaa   
Sun Apr 28 2019, 10:35am
Ok I now try to improve by improvising

Will fit 70bar C6 spheres to front corners and 62bar CX/BX accu-sphere to middle. Lets see, I might do this in 2 steps to see the difference for one variable.

Question to other ceesixers: can you move your cars front corner down by hand? I cant but the rear moves quite easily.
joopajaa   
Wed May 08 2019, 06:00am
Phase 1 now done: 70bar ones on front corners, otherwise stock. First impressions: better, smoother, softer. No wobbling or anything else negative so far. Keep in mind: we have only max 120kmh roads here. Do not do any sphere installations by my advice - its your own risk.

Will try phase 2: adding 62bar "large" CX/BX accu-sphere to center front. Stay tuned..
joopajaa   
Thu Jul 04 2019, 08:17am
Hi just wanted to inform that adding 70Bar ones to front corners and old style 62Bar accumulator sphere to middle will make the run much smoother IMHO. There is the softness I missed earlier (had stock ~3-4year old spheres before). The car will "float" and there is nice (for me) floaty feeling on straight line.
The car will not handle any worse on corners since the computer stiffens the strut anyway.

It was quite smooth event without replacing the center one so that "compromise" with only 70Bar corner ones can be a safe choice if one is also thinking to do "comfort sphered" C6. Now it seems the front and rear is more balanced, before the rear was much smoother.

Fraunie   
Thu Jul 04 2019, 05:50pm
Member No: #3763
Very interesting! Which 70 bar ones did you choose? From which car? What about the "shaking"? Any better?
joopajaa   
Fri Jul 05 2019, 07:16am
Hi as I wrote these 70Bars are C6 front middle spheres. Basically you can have 70-70-70 on front or 70-62-70 as I have. The 62Bar (old style CX/BX sphere) has a larger membrane so it should be smoother than new style 70Bar in theory.

All you have to remember with V6 C6's is that you must use "large hole spheres" as AMVAR is used for damping - not the sphere valve/hole.

I dont know what shaking you mean - my car did not shake after or before this MOD. Generally it went to much better comfort - just the way big Citroen should go...

EDIT: if you refer what brand spheres I used: Monroe.
Fraunie   
Fri Jul 05 2019, 04:58pm
Member No: #3763
Thanks for the information!

With "Shaking" I mean, that my C6 is kind of "swinging" after rolling over bumps.
Being in the "sports" mode it is less...
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club