Coolant Intake Replacement Citroen C6 2.7Hdi

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
pgrant5   
Thu Jun 20 2019, 09:37am
Member No: #3774
Hi All,

My beloved Citroen C6 has had a water leak, which has taken me and my wife many weeks to find, as it would only leak when hot. We eventually purchased a radiator pressure tester, which showed up a leak from the coolant intake tank, part number 1336 Y2.
I browsed the forum, and found an excellent tutorial, for some unknown reason I failed to save it in my favourites, and cannot find said tutorial again, I have the Citroen downloaded document, but it is not as clear, and concise.
My wife, and I are both in our 60's and definitely need simple instructions. As the car is stuck behind the house, in the garden, and cannot be moved we did try calling out mobile mechanics, but as soon as you mention Citroen C6, they run for the hills.
Also upon inspection we found that the turbo air intake pipe was damaged, being a plastic pipe we thought that it would not cost much to replace, think again £250 gasp, any suggestions for an alternative would be helpful. Obviously after being stood for a long time the battery went flat, so we invested in a new super battery charger, wonderful after connecting it the front charging posts, it identified the battery as a 6 volt and would not charge beyond 6 volts, out with my 20 year old battery charger, connected up, and left it charging for a couple of days all good..
I look forward to any help, or advise anyone can give me.

Kind Regards

Peter
MGmike   
Thu Jun 20 2019, 10:23am
Member No: #3151
Hi Peter,

Is this the part you need to change?
- Click Here -

If so it's a right bug**r to do with the bumper and rad pack still in place! You need to get underneath the front of the car and remove the aircon compressor and alternator, as well as having good hose clip removal tools. If it's not leaking badly you would be well advised to find a garage to do it for you.... Ask me how I know!

BTW, good catch finding it as if it had failed on the motorway your engine would almost certainly be toast.

The best you can hope for on the intake pipe will be to find one from a breaker... Try Robert at B.L. Autos or one of the others on eBay. Failing that you could do a "repair" with a strip of aluminum, pop rivets and some high temp silicon (just like the PO of one of mine).

Regards

Michael
pgrant5   
Thu Jun 20 2019, 01:22pm
Member No: #3774
Hi Michael,

Yes that is the part, I was lucky it failed just before I got on the motorway, unfortunately it is pouring out, will it make it easier if I remove the rad, already have the bumper off.

Kind Regards

Peter
MGmike   
Thu Jun 20 2019, 07:02pm
Member No: #3151
Yes, much easier but that also means degassing the air con.

You can just about change it with the aircon pump dangling on its hoses but it’ll be way easier if you do degas and remove the rad pack as a unit.
cruiserphil   
Fri Jun 21 2019, 08:17am

Member No: #38
Hello pgrant5,

The tutorial is here.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club