C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C1195 Front axle average travel : Inconsistent value

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
trev500   
Thu Jun 13 2019, 01:18pm
Member No: #3859
Hi Guys, newish owner here and needing some help with above code. Some brief history, acquired the car as an MOT failure, required new n/s/f leg and lower ball joint which has been done, ive also renewed the lower arm rear bushes, now these wernt the orignal as un-available, however the patten ones are of a smaller diameter so when fitted adjust the angle of the lower arm slightly which intern adjusts the height adjuster on both arms causing the front to sit high! with a little modification (ie bending the bracket) i got the car to sit level again. The car drives really well except i get ' Suspension fault' and 'SERVICE', this generally happens at slower speeds, 30mph ish, comes on for 1-2mins approx then goes off and car drives fine again. There is no rhyme or reason for it, have searched the net and forums but cant find anything usefull, has any one else suffered similar?

Sorry for waffling and thanks for reading.
e3steve   
Sat Jun 15 2019, 08:08pm
Member No: #1163
‘Bending the bracket’ doesn’t work! There’s some dialogue on the forum which supports this. I had a similar issue with my old 2.7, whereby the bracket on one side had become bent. I re-formed it to its original state but the car would not have it. New bracket, job sorted.

The bracketry must remain as Citroën designed; any height corrections have to be made electronically, using Lexia or Diagbox.

AndreSMCXXMC6   
Wed Jun 19 2019, 01:03pm
Member No: #615
The system uses the average of the left and right height sensor.
In my case one sensor (not a common fault) got electronically stuck somewhere in the middle and only occasionally created an error message when under a somewhat extreme road condition.
Reading and testing the individual sensors with LEXIA showed me the problem.
trev500   
Wed Jun 19 2019, 02:18pm
"e3steve
‘Bending the bracket’ doesn’t work! There’s some dialogue on the forum which supports this. I had a similar issue with my old 2.7, whereby the bracket on one side had become bent. I re-formed it to its original state but the car would not have it. New bracket, job sorted.

The bracketry must remain as Citroën designed; any height corrections have to be made electronically, using Lexia or Diagbox."

Thanks for your reply but bending the bracket kind of did, when i lowered and got suspension to work front of vehicle was miles in the air, re-shaped brackets and got to sit visually level again but thinking it may not be electronically level if that makes sense, will do some working out.

trev500   
Wed Jun 19 2019, 02:22pm
"quote AndreSMCXXMC6
The system uses the average of the left and right height sensor.
In my case one sensor (not a common fault) got electronically stuck somewhere in the middle and only occasionally created an error message when under a somewhat extreme road condition.
Reading and testing the individual sensors with LEXIA showed me the problem.
[/quote1560953954]

Thanks for the reply, this sounds possible, will monitor live data with a graph and see if there is inconsistent data from side to side or any glitching. Did you get same fault code when this happened to you? To be honest the fault could have been there before the i carried out suspension work but never drove far enough to see.
AndreSMCXXMC6   
Thu Jun 20 2019, 02:33pm
Member No: #615
I do not remember exactly. It was back in 2006. I believe, it said, suspension error.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club