C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Tone controls on RT4

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Davet49   
Mon Jun 03 2019, 02:16pm
Member No: #3695
My owners' manual suggests that it is possible to individually set bass and treble controls by setting 'none' on the general tone control. However I have set 'none' and can't find a way of adjusting bass and treble. Is there a way?
rwb   
Tue Jun 04 2019, 10:24am
Member No: #1988
If you keep pressing the music note button then it should cycle through a number of windows including bass, trebble, left/right balance, front/rear balance, loudness, and auto volume.
Website
Davet49   
Wed Jun 05 2019, 08:49am
Member No: #3695
Thank you very much - it works exactly as you have described.
FraserG   
Wed Jun 05 2019, 09:47pm
Member No: #2011
I've only owned my C6 for 5 years and never knew this! I tried to find how move the balance to include the rear speakers to no avail. I will try this now that I have the helpful advice. Thank you...

As a side issue, I've never bothered to set up the voice activation. Have other owners found this of value and use it or is it just a feature to add to the sales pitch?

Cheers Fraser
Jas16   
Wed Jun 05 2019, 10:26pm
Member No: #2994
just a note, as you find out the hard way, if you use one of the pre-selected settings, eg Rock, Jazz, then you cannot change the bass and treble
rwb   
Fri Jun 07 2019, 08:00am
Member No: #1988
I've set up voice tags for my most common sat nav destinations and I really like it because it saves a lot of time going through the fiddly menus to set a destination.

However, if there is a physical button for a command (e.g, trip computer, zoom map, volume, source,...) -- and there are a lot of buttons -- then using the button is quicker.

I actually really missed the absence of voice control on the RT6 in the 508 we had.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club