Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Is this ebay Thermostat Housing okay to use?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
keithc   
Thu May 09 2019, 10:43am
Member No: #2584
- Click Here -

As per the title is the thermostat in the ebay link above okay to use? A lot cheaper than Citroen prices. Might get one or two to have if others think it'll do.

Thanks.
cruiserphil   
Fri May 10 2019, 09:14am

Member No: #38
Well spotted Keith,

I'd give it a go. The original part hasn't exactly won medals and there's every chance the aftermarket one is better!!

Also if you fit Vaho's low water level modification you've no worries about unknown water loss.

Best regards,

Phil C.
keithc   
Wed May 29 2019, 11:35am
Member No: #2584
cruiserphil wrote ...

.......Also if you fit Vaho's low water level modification you've no worries about unknown water loss......

I'll order a 'stat to have so. Also I do plan on fitting the low level sensor so may be asking for your help at some stage! Where did you get the parts needed?
cruiserphil   
Thu May 30 2019, 09:23am

Member No: #38
Hello Keith,

You're more than welcome.

I got the sensor on eBay and ordered the plug and the various pins from Vaho's suggested supplier. I'll check up where I got the thin wall wiring from. I also picked up a roll of automotive flexible conduit off eBay for buttons. There's 50m of it so you're welcome to a chunk off that.

Best regards,

Phil C.
e3steve   
Sat Jun 15 2019, 08:21pm
Member No: #1163
That eBay item is of excellent quality. I bought and fitted one; it’s equally as good, if not better than the OEM part. Let’s be fair, though: it couldn’t really be much worse, could it?!

Like the Citroën part it comes complete with O-rings attached and ‘stat within, ready to fit.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club