C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Hydraulic hoses; where and what?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Frode   
Sat May 18 2019, 07:13pm
Member No: #3171
I would be very grateful if someone could direct me to a schematic or something that explains where all the hoses to and from the hydraulic tank and pump goes.

There are two hoses coming out under the right hand wing, directly downwards (above the inner protective cover). There is a large hose (3+cm diameter?) and a smaller one (2cm?). One of them drains the hydraulic system. Is that the smaller one? And what is the larger one? The smaller goes forward and to the radiator area - across, I would guess. Is this a return hose? It leaks in a joint, but it would be good to have an idea of how much LDS will be dumped in my face if I am unlucky... There was a sticker on the hose reading 9684062680. However, that does not yield anything in a web search.

Best,
Frode

rwb   
Sun May 19 2019, 11:05am
Member No: #1988
I was told by a former Citroen tech that the long numbers that begein with a 9 are the actual part numbers; the XXXX.YY format numbers in ServiceBox are something else. I don't know how to convert between the two.

For schematics look in the ServiceBox parts catalogues. Most of the diagrams are also on here in the Technical Documents section - Click Here -

Hydraulic pipes are megabucks from Citroen.
I wonder if it would be possible to make replacements using braided brake hose?
Website
e3steve   
Sat Jun 15 2019, 04:29pm
Member No: #1163
rwb wrote ...

...Hydraulic pipes are megabucks from Citroen.
I wonder if it would be possible to make replacements using braided brake hose?

Nope. The technology is specific to Citroën (and older RR/Bentley), the unions are of extremely fine tolerances, with precision seals and torque settings, and also must not be overtightened; as the fluid pressure increases the seals are forced to expand, thus their sealing capabilities increase. Those microbore pipes carry 2500psi/175+ Bar, and should not be messed with.

A PO tried it with my D Safari — they all had to be ripped out and replaced with OEM items.

The one downfall (C5 & C6) in their execution is where the hardpipe is found to be mated with flexi (to inhibit vibrational transmissions); those crimped unions are known to eventually fail, and replacement is the only option.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club