C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Resetting FAP counter / dashboard low level warning / Laser tool 5370

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
onthecut   
Mon May 13 2019, 05:05pm
Member No: #2793
Having grovelled and refilled the FAP fluid tank have now spent vastly longer trying to workout how to cancel the low fluid level warning.

My Lexia seems to have a variety of references to the additive but absolutely nothing I have tried has made any difference. It has told me that some functions are not available for pre 2009 cars. It comes up with a screen that allows alteration of the amount of fluis in the filter but no matter what I type in the numbers always revert to the original figure (58).

So -- has anyone successfully reset a 56 plate 2.7 counter with Lexia and if so, how ? Also -- has anyone tried or any experience of Laser tool No. 5370 which is apparently a dedicated PSA DPF system programming device ?

Beyond my comprehension why they didn't put a simple level switch in the tank !

Mike.
cruiserphil   
Tue May 14 2019, 10:28am

Member No: #38
Hello Mike,

Haven't reset the counter but would it be one of the functions that requires the code input to permit the change?

Best regards,

Phil C.
onthecut   
Tue May 14 2019, 11:51am
Member No: #2793
Thanks for the suggestion.

It didn't ask for a code, but it did keep insisting on filling out some service memory page. Apparently it remembers up to 50 service events. According to the help section, even if you have exceeded 50 events, it doesn't stop the relevant process -- it just doesn't record them any more.

Very frustrating !

Mike.
Dan595   
Tue May 14 2019, 12:23pm
Member No: #299
Might not be helpful, but I have done a reset in Diagbox:

The counter reset is in 'Repair' under the injection ECU (or at least is in my Diagbox install). Took me ages to find it.

Must have worked (as must the refill) - done 60K miles since.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club