Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Lounge Pack Rear Seats Not Working, Strange Fault!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Candide   
Mon Apr 29 2019, 05:50pm
Member No: #3844
I'm gradually getting around to looking at the few things that need doing and the first one I had a go at today was the rear seats which haven't worked since I bought it. I figured that it would just be a switch, fuse or broken wire and bought it anyway.

So, today I carefully prised up the panel on the rear door that holds the window and seat switches, ashtray etc., and I couldn't believe what I saw, or didn't see. There was a cable and plug going to the window switch but absolutely nothing going to the seat switch! Looking into the hole I couldn't see any evidence of the cable/plug having dropped down. I looked at the other side and it's the same, no plug no cable. I checked and discovered that the car had the Lounge Pack from new.

I'm now left wondering, a) why would someone remove these? b) will it be a simple process to replace them?

Thanks in advance.
Hattershaun   
Mon Apr 29 2019, 06:28pm
Member No: #320
Hi Candide,
I know a bit about your car, as I knew the previous owner.
It left the factory with standard Lignage black half leather/half cloth seats.
The Alezan leather seats were fitted by the previous owner and they had been bought from a dismantled car.
The Lounge pack was only ever an option on Exclusive spec models and not on Lignage, so the wiring loom wasn't fitted at the factory.
I'm not sure how feasible/ easy it would be to get the wiring loom fitted.
Hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of the car.

Candide   
Tue Apr 30 2019, 09:26am
Hattershaun wrote ...

Hi Candide,
I know a bit about your car, as I knew the previous owner.
It left the factory with standard Lignage black half leather/half cloth seats.
The Alezan leather seats were fitted by the previous owner and they had been bought from a dismantled car.
The Lounge pack was only ever an option on Exclusive spec models and not on Lignage, so the wiring loom wasn't fitted at the factory.
I'm not sure how feasible/ easy it would be to get the wiring loom fitted.
Hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of the car.

Ah, well that would explain it! It doesn't really bother me that much so I'll leave it as is but I now know a bit more of the car's history.

Thanks.
Hattershaun   
Tue Apr 30 2019, 06:59pm
Member No: #320
Hopefully, all the service history came with the car, the previous owner was quite fastidious with maintenance and anything & everything was attended to promptly, no expense spared. All carried out by Robert at B.L.Autos. I doubt you'd find a better maintained car given the age/mileage.
Candide   
Wed May 01 2019, 10:01am
Hattershaun wrote ...

Hopefully, all the service history came with the car, the previous owner was quite fastidious with maintenance and anything & everything was attended to promptly, no expense spared. All carried out by Robert at B.L.Autos. I doubt you'd find a better maintained car given the age/mileage.

Yes it did come with its service history and it does feel like a very sorted car so this rear seat issue is not a big deal, it just would have been nice to know. If the previous owner has any paperwork on the car I'd love to have it.
ul9601   
Thu May 02 2019, 06:30am
Member No: #1975
To me, the TGV seats were pretty much a gimmick, a party trick, as I don't get chauffeured sitting in the back seat hardly ever. It's nice to have them working but it wouldn't have bothered me at all if they didn't work.
FraserG   
Thu May 02 2019, 09:51pm
Member No: #2011
Hi Sam,

Agreed. Did yours have the TGV seats? Because the C6 boot isn't particularly large, I need to fold my rear seats down quite regularly. Having said that, being driven whilst sitting in the rear seat is a real pleasure. Not quite the soft pillow like rear seat of the DS but certainly very special.

Where did you sell your C6 to?

Cheers Fraser
verycleverman   
Thu May 02 2019, 10:29pm
Member No: #65
ul9601 wrote ...

To me, the TGV seats were pretty much a gimmick, a party trick, as I don't get chauffeured sitting in the back seat hardly ever. It's nice to have them working but it wouldn't have bothered me at all if they didn't work.

I quite agree, my first one had the lounge pack and as we do a lot of touring, including carrying one of those electric coolboxes, the fixed rear seat was a real pain. The boot isn't deep enough to take the coolbox so it had to sit on the seat cushion - not ideal. The lounge pack is the main reason I got rid of it. My second and current C6s were both sourced with folding rear seats and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Pete.
ul9601   
Fri May 03 2019, 04:44am
FraserG wrote ...

Hi Sam,

Agreed. Did yours have the TGV seats? Because the C6 boot isn't particularly large, I need to fold my rear seats down quite regularly. Having said that, being driven whilst sitting in the rear seat is a real pleasure. Not quite the soft pillow like rear seat of the DS but certainly very special.

Where did you sell your C6 to?

Cheers Fraser

Yup mine had the works - TGV, sunroof etc.
The boot space is smaller than what one would expect from a car of the size but I don't play golf so it wasn't that big a deal...
I had a GSA to fall back to anyway.
I sold it to a guy from CHC.

Is Celeste back to her former glory?

Candide   
Sat May 04 2019, 05:34pm
Does anyone know how easy it would be to get the rear seats moving at all? They are currently both set at different positions, again not a big deal but it would be good to see them lined up. I'm wondering whether all the Lounge pack electronics are there anyway, without the loom?

I'm also wondering where I got the idea that the car had the Lounge Pack fitted since new!

ul9601   
Sat May 04 2019, 09:06pm
Candide wrote ...

Does anyone know how easy it would be to get the rear seats moving at all? They are currently both set at different positions, again not a big deal but it would be good to see them lined up. I'm wondering whether all the Lounge pack electronics are there anyway, without the loom?

I'm also wondering where I got the idea that the car had the Lounge Pack fitted since new!

I did wonder about manual override of TGV seats but never followed up - surely one must be able to move it manually somehow...
FraserG   
Sun May 05 2019, 09:12pm
Member No: #2011
Candide,

If your seats didn't look so spectacular I would have recommended that you retrofitted the folding seats that I enjoy. I need the extra space usually for when I'm transporting more than just myself to the golf course. The boot is big enough for one set and a trundler but not two or three which the folding seats allow.
cruiserphil   
Tue May 07 2019, 09:03am

Member No: #38
Hello Candide,

I reckon you'll have to take the seats out. If the motors are still fitted you could power them directly or rotate the shaft manually to obtain your desired position.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club