C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Under tray.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Dowen   
Mon Apr 15 2019, 10:46am
Member No: #3847
Hi, my car (I've just had it) seems extremely loud! Especially on load. As if the air cleaner has been removed! Sort of induction sound!
I've noticed there's no engine Under tray, does that make that much difference to sound deadening?
keithc   
Mon Apr 15 2019, 11:40am
Member No: #2584
Have you checked to see if the air-filter is missing? Or if you have an air leak somewhere.

When I got my car I was missing the under-tray and I cannot remember if it made much difference to the noise when I got a replacement. It probably did a bit but more importantly it keeps the engine bay protected from water and also keeps the heat generated in the 'bay as a warmer environment means a better running engine.

Also is the sound deadening material on the underside of the bonnet?
Dowen   
Mon Apr 15 2019, 12:17pm
Member No: #3847
Thanks, I've checked filter, and all possible induction leaks. That's the first thing I thought of. It's no where near as quiet as my c5! I was hoping for improvement by fitting Under tray! all bonnet insulation in place!
It certainly not the Ciroen I expected it to be!
cruiserphil   
Mon Apr 15 2019, 04:57pm

Member No: #38
Hello Dowen,

What engine is in your car? The undertray does make a difference and as Keith says it protects the engine bay.

Best regards,

Phil C.
gmerry   
Tue Apr 16 2019, 07:56am
Member No: #21
For sound deadening, there are small pads that fit over the injectors on each head, the plastic engine trim cover which is a heavy sound absorbing design and the underbonnet sound barrier. Are any of these missing or damaged.
onthecut   
Sun Apr 21 2019, 02:20pm
Member No: #2793
Hi Dowen.

Worth checking you haven't got a split or loose hose / connector on the run from the intrcooler to (or at) the inlet Y piece. (Assuming it's a 2.7 or 3.0) That definitely gives a perceptible noise anf if you've only pottered round town you might not notice the missing grunt.

After a leak curing session, I'm presently running mine without the undertray and haven't noticed any difference in noise. If you do fit the tray it's well worth getting new clips and push studs; makes the job a lot easier.

MIke.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club