Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Market Place :: C6 Parts Market

Wanted- drivers side, right side,off side front suspension cylinder for 2.7- Ireland

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
richardsheil   
Sat Apr 06 2019, 11:35pm
Member No: #3863
Hi,
failed NCT on leaky cylinder, anybody got a second hand one knocking about in Ireland?

Also are the 2.2 and 2.7 ones different or same and what about the C5 are they the same too?

Many thanks

Richard Sheil,
Dublin
eke   
Sun Apr 07 2019, 08:45am
Member No: #624
The 2.2 and 2.7 suspension cylinders are different. You can't use C5 suspension cylinder either, it doesn't have Amvar, as C6 V6's have.

Br Eke
keithc   
Tue Apr 09 2019, 10:38am
Member No: #2584
Richard, it's Keith here, I posted on backroads too about my C6. Try Tim in Portlaoise. I have gotten parts off him, he has this C6 for breaking. - Click Here - When I was there a few weeks ago there wasn't much left but I'm sure the shocks were still there. You might be lucky on the gearbox too.

Also while I was there a fella rang him from Clare with a C6 with a blown engine and was asking Tim if he'd take it. I don't know if he did but no harm in ringing him. His mobile is 086 0267880.

Hope you get yours sorted.
cruiserphil   
Thu Apr 11 2019, 03:13pm

Member No: #38
Hello Richard,

Our 2.7 failed for the same item. Our 3.0 is due a replacement also (leaking). Which side are you looking for? I have a new LHS in stock if you're interested and need to change in time for a retest? I would just need you to replace it with like.

They appear to have a life. The right hand side has been replaced on both cars.

Best regards,

Phil C.
cruiserphil   
Thu Apr 11 2019, 03:20pm

Hello Richard,

Sorry just saw your thread title - you're looking for RHS.

Best regards,

Phil C.
e3steve   
Tue Apr 16 2019, 10:49pm
Member No: #1163
cruiserphil wrote ...

Hello Richard,

Sorry just saw your thread title - you're looking for RHS.

Best regards,

Phil C.
Mine collected an ‘advisory’ on the MoT test a couple weeks ago, Phil; ‘r/h front shock absorber weeping’. Simon’s done some research and it appears that the r/h strut is the common failure and more expensive than the l/h side, which is, it seems, less susceptible to the problem... Thoughts?
cruiserphil   
Wed Apr 17 2019, 10:54am

Hello e3,

The right hand side on both cars leaked first. However the left hand side on the 3.0HDi is leaking now and I will have to change it before its NCT/MOT in September because I know it won't pass. On price I remember both sides were the same price to buy.

I was wondering if the guys in Poland have improved their repair on the struts as I now have two leaking right hand side struts on the shelf and it seems a shame to bin them.

Best regards,

Phil C.
richardsheil   
Thu Apr 18 2019, 04:55pm
Member No: #3863
Hi Guys,
sorry for the delay in replying.

The car on donedeal doesn't have the suspension pieces left so I have bought one from Lithuania from ebay. I hope to get it tomorrow via ParcelMotel. I hope to god the one I have bought is good as it is a budget build and I don't want to pay much. Hopefully it isn't a false economy.
I have also ordered a bottom balljoint from Citroen and it is in back order. If it doesn't turn up by Tuesday I will then just get a spurious one. They have a different part no to the ones for a 207 yet they appear similar- does anybody know?

thanks

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club