C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: 3.0 HDi Forum

Possible BSI issues?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
cruiserphil   
Tue Mar 05 2019, 09:44pm

Member No: #38
The TPMS system was disabled when we originally bought the car. I enabled it and found all sensors working. However, the system only ever alerts puncture detected. The TPMS ecu is registering a fault "U1213 Fault in the vehicle speed information received by the CAN from the ABS or ESP ECU." It would appear that the TPMS needs this signal to register the initial low pressure alert and that the puncture detected does not.

I checked the drawings and note that there is a single link from the ABS ECU to the BSI - vehicle speed. In the Diagbox BSI menu under 'Information received from the network' vehicle speed is listed. So does it sound like an ABS ECU or possible BSI issue?

When the radio is switched on with the ignition off it operates for about a minute and then the message "Due to a fault on the vehicle the unit cannot work correctly" appears on the centre display and the radio switches off. However, I recently discovered that when this happens, if you open a door, the radio switches on again. This cycle can be repeated until economy mode arrives and the radio switches off (which is normal). I also notice that when running Global Test on Diagbox the Telematics logs "communication error" and no dialogue is possible. However, if Global Test is run with the radio switched on Diagbox communicates and confirms Boitier Telematique. Dialogue is possible but there are no faults stored. Any ideas?

Best regards,

Phil C.
321dave   
Wed Mar 06 2019, 08:30am
Member No: #614
Hi Phil,
I also disabled my TPMS system when I first purchased the Car 4 yrs ago now. I have a few niggling issues to look into anyway this weekend, and I'm curious about switching it back on now myself and seeing if I get the same error issues your reporting.

I've just recently (last week) bought a new front set of the (diamond cut finish alloys) and shod them with the new Michelin Primacy 4 tyre. I didn't put back the sensors yet (will probably do so on the next new set of tyres) but I can let you know if I have a similar problem to what your reporting. I'll post back what I find.

All the best
Dave
e3steve   
Fri Mar 15 2019, 02:05pm
Member No: #1163
I caused a problem with my 2.7, Phil, when I fitted a Fusion Bluetooth device to the RT3’s aux inputs. I picked up the power supply from what I thought was a +15 (12V ignition feed) heavy-ish wire at the BSI. The next time I tried to carry out a procedure I had no Lexia/DiagBox comms with anything other than the Ecotech suspension ECU and the Auto-box. I didn’t put 2 and 2 together for a long time, and even sent the BSI to AC Tronics. They found nothing wrong with it, but after selling her on the new owner’s tech found that the power tapping that I did was spooking the BSI!

Have you wired anything in?
cruiserphil   
Fri Mar 15 2019, 07:48pm

Member No: #38
Hello e3Steve,

I now have a dashcam fed from a BSI fuse location, but the faults I mentioned were present before that. They are not show stoppers but it would be nice to solve them.

Best regards,

Phil C.
speedfix   
Sat Mar 16 2019, 01:01pm
Member No: #1043
Phil, have had a similar intermediate prob [not my car] turned out to be a abs segment just one on the ns/front bearing had failed to rust or other wise worked ok most of the time with different speeds then suddenly would throw up a failing in live data.
From memory the os/rear abs sensor/wire can also throw up a logged fault that can be intermediate, drop the tank slightly and do a impedance test on the abs wire also the sensor.
Hope it all makes sense!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club