C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Suspension

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
rmonf24   
Mon Mar 11 2019, 06:37pm
Member No: #3300
I realized that if I raise the suspension to the maximum, I turned off the engine and the suspension pump is still running and does not stop, because that can happen? Thank you
furriegurrie   
Mon Mar 11 2019, 09:21pm
Member No: #2448
The pump works without the motor running or even without the key in the ignition. You can witness this too when you open a door when the car has been parked for a while and the suspension has dropped a bit.

I guess when the LDS level is too low there is not enough fluid to reach the requested height, the pump will keep running trying to raise the car
rmonf24   
Mon Mar 11 2019, 09:25pm
furriegurrie wrote ...

The pump works without the motor running or even without the key in the ignition. You can witness this too when you open a door when the car has been parked for a while and the suspension has dropped a bit.

I guess when the LDS level is too low there is not enough fluid to reach the requested height, the pump will keep running trying to raise the car

Is there any way to know the level of lds I have?
cruiserphil   
Tue Mar 12 2019, 03:47pm

Member No: #38
Hello rmonf24,

You need to depressurise the hydraulic system to check the LDS level in the reservoir. The simplest way to depressurise is using Lexia or Diagbox diagnostics. There is a manual way which is not so straightforward.

Best regards,

Phil C.
rmonf24   
Tue Mar 12 2019, 09:12pm
cruiserphil wrote ...

Hello rmonf24,

You need to depressurise the hydraulic system to check the LDS level in the reservoir. The simplest way to depressurise is using Lexia or Diagbox diagnostics. There is a manual way which is not so straightforward.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Ok

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club