Looking For My First C6

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Candide   
Fri Mar 08 2019, 01:06pm
Member No: #3844
Hi,

I joined this site recently in order to gain advice and help with buying my very first C6. In the past I've had a GS, BX and a Xantia (that I still regret selling) and I'm now interested in buying one of these amazing machines.

Having looked online at all C6s for sale in the UK right now, I can see that it's a minefield out there! From £2k examples to £12k, I'm slowly getting to know what to look out for and what to avoid.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and I'm looking forward to experiencing my first C6.

MGmike   
Fri Mar 08 2019, 01:16pm
Member No: #3151

wot you looking for? colour, spec preferences?
Candide   
Fri Mar 08 2019, 04:31pm
MGmike wrote ...

wot you looking for? colour, spec preferences?

Exterior colour, other than red, I'm not too fussy although I prefer darker colours. With the interior, I'd rather not have the light beige interior, nor do I want the half leather. I'd like some nice wood trim instead of black carbon and I'd love a sunroof too but I understand that they're rare, so that's not a deal-breaker. A nice colour combo is important so I'm willing to wait to get the right one.

I prefer the 2.7 diesel auto, a decent sound system would be great, I'm not too fussed about Satnav. My main concern would be to get a car that is mechanically sorted and bodily in good condition.
Davet49   
Fri Mar 08 2019, 05:08pm
Member No: #3695
Look at Wolsey House Motors on e-bay - they have a good selection of C6s and Danny knows what he is talking about. I have no connection with him apart from as one of his satisfied customers.
Candide   
Fri Mar 08 2019, 05:22pm
Davet49 wrote ...

Look at Wolsey House Motors on e-bay - they have a good selection of C6s and Danny knows what he is talking about. I have no connection with him apart from as one of his satisfied customers.

Yeah, I'm already familiar with that garage and have seen Danny's name several times on forums and Facebook pages. I'm going to call him at some point.
PercyPorcelain   
Sun Mar 10 2019, 09:54pm
Member No: #2027
Hi Candide, I have a 2006 Hdi 2.2 very rare manual 6-speed I'm thinking of letting go. Just turned 100k but runs like a top, with a surprising amount of power (had a 'smartchip' fitted). Sable gold, decent sound system, no satnav, not full leather either but very good inside and out. Also has a cover plate. MoT to Nov 2019. Looking for £3500
Candide   
Mon Mar 11 2019, 01:47pm
PercyPorcelain wrote ...

Hi Candide, I have a 2006 Hdi 2.2 very rare manual 6-speed I'm thinking of letting go. Just turned 100k but runs like a top, with a surprising amount of power (had a 'smartchip' fitted). Sable gold, decent sound system, no satnav, not full leather either but very good inside and out. Also has a cover plate. MoT to Nov 2019. Looking for £3500

Hi Percy, Many thanks for your offer but I really prefer the 2.7 auto and I much prefer a full leather interior. Thanks though and good luck with selling, it looks like a nice car.
ceesix   
Thu Mar 14 2019, 08:21pm
Member No: #1464
Hi Candice, My 2006 2.7HDI, 108k miles is for sale. Black with cream interior. All toys plus lounge pack. Well looked after - new timing belt brakes and discs, oil and filters regularly changed. New alternator clutch. Usual problem points sorted. Working water level sensor. Nearest to £3800 takes it. I am in Bedford.
Candide   
Sun Mar 17 2019, 12:58pm
ceesix wrote ...

Hi Candice, My 2006 2.7HDI, 108k miles is for sale. Black with cream interior. All toys plus lounge pack. Well looked after - new timing belt brakes and discs, oil and filters regularly changed. New alternator clutch. Usual problem points sorted. Working water level sensor. Nearest to £3800 takes it. I am in Bedford.

Hi Ceesix, Thanks for the offer and I'll keep it in mind. Is your car MOT'd? I'd prefer to have an interior that wasn't too light in colour but that in itself would not be enough to put me off if it was the right car. Does yours drive well and do you have any pictures?

Thanks.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club