C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 2.7 Inlet Manifold Flaps Vacuum Motor Repair Kit

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
onthecut   
Fri Mar 08 2019, 10:47am
Member No: #2793
Prior to putting back together the vacuum pipework, decided to test the vacuum motors on the end of each inlet manifold. One good; one duff. (Which means neither will wok as they share a common feed).

Surprise, surprise -- only solution from Citroen is a new inlet manifold complete - or cylinder head cover as they describe it. Done some digging and it appears Jaguar owners are somewhat better catered for. They have a repair kit for these vacuum pieces, Jaguar number C2C41233. Appears identical from the photos; will know more when the kit turns up tomorrow or Mon. The number was recognised by all the Jaguar places I called and quoted as available to order.

Not sure if the information is right, but apparently Land Rover don't use the function on their applications.

Have so far just dismantled the rear one. Relatively simple once you move any obstructions. Just prise off the cap and wriggle it out of the way. Remove the spring. Using a thin blade screwdriver, prise the actuating arm off the end of the flap shaft and simply withdraw the arm along with the diaphragm.

The cap retaining sections break as soon as you put a screwdriver on them, but the kit appears to come with new caps. Will update on kit when I have done.

Mike.

Fraunie   
Fri Mar 08 2019, 05:21pm
Member No: #3763
There is already a very nice "How-to" Repair instruction here on this website with pictures and that specific Land Rover parts number...
onthecut   
Thu Mar 14 2019, 09:53am
Member No: #2793
Hi Fraunie.

Looked and still couldn't find the tutorial ---- can you link to it ?

Either way, kit came and for once an absolute doddle of a job. The actuating rod appeared to be chamfered for fitting one side but not the other at the eye, so take care to get it the right way round. Bit of care to make sure the diaphragm is properly seated in the recess in the housing and then offer the spring in and pop the cover on, taking care to squeeze it into place all the way round.

Checked the flap shafts for free movement and they were spot on, which was nice.

Mike.
Fraunie   
Thu Mar 14 2019, 06:44pm
Member No: #3763
You find it here: - Click Here -
There is a link to a dropbox file with excellent pictures...
e3steve   
Fri Mar 15 2019, 02:09pm
Member No: #1163
I bought two Jaguar diaphragm kits from Partacus, in Germany, for my 2.7. Cheap, OEM and efficient service!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club