C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Replacement plug for DRL/Indicator lamp

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
madst   
Sun Mar 03 2019, 07:29pm
Member No: #3419
I have a loose connector in the plug for the left hand DRL/Indicator in the front bumper. Various attempts to fix it usually work for a couple of days, and then the indicator light stops working. So the plug needs to be replaced.

Citroen wants to sell me the entire wiring in the front bumper and claim they do not have a loose plug that fits.

That cannot be true! Anyone out there who know which plug to buy and could assist a bit?

Website
bigbruggsy   
Mon Mar 04 2019, 07:33am
Member No: #3483
Hi Madst, when I have one of these loose connectors I normally use a cable tie to secure it in place. Have you tried that?
Norman   
Mon Mar 04 2019, 08:20pm
Member No: #364
Why not just tighten up the pins as they have probably loosened
cruiserphil   
Mon Mar 04 2019, 08:43pm

Member No: #38
Hello Madst,

If you still want to change the plug or the pins, the plug is the same as that for the coolant sensor. Vaho gives the part number for the plug and the pins and a suggested supplier in his tutorial on this forum. So check that out if you need to.

Best regards,

Phil C.
MGmike   
Mon Mar 04 2019, 11:10pm
Member No: #3151
cruiserphil wrote ...

Hello Madst,

If you still want to change the plug or the pins, the plug is the same as that for the coolant sensor. Vaho gives the part number for the plug and the pins and a suggested supplier in his tutorial on this forum. So check that out if you need to.

Best regards,

Phil C.

In that case I have some spares! Good old Citron made me buy a pack of 5 plugs but can't remember how many spare pins I got...

Madst, email me if you what a set or two but I won't be able to post until the weekend.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club