Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Fragile plastic bits of the coolant system.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
AivarVal   
Sun Feb 03 2019, 10:22am
Member No: #1956
Hi
I have problems with the plastic bits of the cooling system .tube connectors are aged and becam wery fragile .If i touch them they gonna brake.I have practically replaced
all the plastic staff included radiator.
What are you experiences on that subject please.
321dave   
Sun Feb 03 2019, 10:31am
Member No: #614
AivarVal wrote ...

Hi
I have problems with the plastic bits of the cooling system .tube connectors are aged and becam wery fragile .If i touch them they gonna brake.I have practically replaced
all the plastic staff included radiator.
What are you experiences on that subject please.

Hi AivarVal, well done. It's the best thing to do if you can work on the car yourself. Best overhaul all the plastic parts in the coolant system and vacuum system. In my experience and a lot of forum members on here, it's best not to leave them in past 80,000mls. That appears to be the life span of most engine plastic used in vehicles 10yrs and older. Since I overhauled the coolant system like your doing the engine never gave anymore trouble again.
Tjensen   
Mon Feb 04 2019, 12:42pm
Member No: #954
Is it a "ten year" ovehaul or a "XXXXX km " one ? I have already changed the two "intake" and "outlet" boxes (and the thermosat and the pump and the rusty long tube". Now 160 000 km and 9 years. What should be next ? Expansion box and a lot of small things ?
Fraunie   
Mon Feb 04 2019, 04:35pm
Member No: #3763
Hi "AivarVal"

"I have practically replaced all the plastic staff included radiator."

Could you tell us which parts exactly you replaced? Does "plastic" also mean "rubber"?

Thank you!

AivarVal   
Mon Feb 04 2019, 08:11pm
Member No: #1956
I have replaced almost all the plastic pipes and connectors.The rubber hoses are ok but the o rings in the connectors are tired and brittle and if you touch the connectors they start leak.Cooling system seemed like timebomb for me waiting for explode and run out of the coolant what means the death of the engine.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club