C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

No front and side direction indicators problem SOLVED

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Hertz   
Sat Jan 12 2019, 03:53pm
Member No: #2670
Hi, I have a problem with front and side indicators. Rear indicators works well. Problem started when one of side indicators was still on even when car was locked. Next day battery was dead. When charged there was no front and side indicators. Lexia tells me nothing in that case. Is there a separated fuse/relay for those indicators? Where can I find ECU for those lamps? Should I check something else? Thanks in advance for any help.
Ciaran2   
Sun Jan 13 2019, 10:55pm
Member No: #3789
Hertz wrote ...

Hi, I have a problem with front and side indicators. Rear indicators works well. Problem started when one of side indicators was still on even when car was locked. Next day battery was dead. When charged there was no front and side indicators. Lexia tells me nothing in that case. Is there a separated fuse/relay for those indicators? Where can I find ECU for those lamps? Should I check something else? Thanks in advance for any help.

Whats the column stalk like, has it been starting to feel loose or do you sometimes notice it easily switches to the 'other side' when you manually cancel it after turning?

The XM stalks used to go this way and would wear internally, eventually resulting in relay chatter, and later the 'one side on' indicators at rest, which would drain the battery.
That said, even when in this state, it would usually work Ok when the stalk was operated with the ignition on, but its worth a look.

I had my front one fail during the summer, the symptom was a rapid increase in the flash rate when indicating. Oddly though, when I removed and dismantled the light unit and tested the bulbs off the car, I found them both (indicator and running light) to be working fine. There were no results reported in Lexia.

I refitted the light unit onto the car (as I didn't want to drive around with a gaping hole in the front whilst I worked out what to do), and strangely, when I next drove the car, indicator operation was restored to normal, and has remained so ever since.
I suspect that the act of unplugging and refitting the light unit, may have cleaned off some minor dirt or corrosion from the connector pins, which resolved the problem, for now anyway.

It might be worth attacking your light unit and the connector which feeds it, with some contact cleaner, give it a good cleanup and the issue might just go away.

Ciaran
Hertz   
Wed Jan 16 2019, 08:46am
Thanks for your idea. During last days I decided to check BSI. There should be a relay chip and I think its damaged. I will also check all plugs as you wrote. Many thanks.
Hertz   
Tue Jan 29 2019, 09:14am
SOLVED - I changed BSM to used bought for ~30euros and works OK. My BSM was L02 - I boyught L09 and it's OK.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club