Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Time I said Hello

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
strad   
Thu Jan 03 2019, 05:37pm
Member No: #3692
Hello,
I have been a member for a few months now, but have not got round to posting yet, so felt I must congratulate you on an excellent site, very helpful and informative.
I have been in the motor trade all my working life , now retired, I was Mercedes trained ( many years ago now ) and have always been involved with that end of the market and although I have always owned Mercedes of one sort or another, I have also had a long held passion and association with and for Citroen's 'quirkiness' and advanced design, and owning and working with many models over the years (in fact I still have an XM Exclusive estate 3.0 litre petrol series 2, about 30 RHD made, which I need to dispose of, if anyone is looking for similar for spares/repair ! ) so when recently a C 6 appeared locally, the temptation was too much and I succumbed !!
The car, a 2.7 HDI exclusive had a few issues and problems which I have now sorted, with help from this excellent site and the guides etc and though a few items are still to sort, it is living up to expectations and I am enjoying it.
Reading through some old forum posts I was particularly interested in the various posts regarding the heated seat problems and the unbeleivable cost of a replacement seat cover of £2000 + having been been involved in the trimming /upholstery side for many years, I found this a bit surprising to say the least ! when I have time I may investigate to see if there's any way around it, ( I sometimes had a job to get £2000 for a full leather re-trim on some cars, let alone a single seat cover ) ???
My heated seat is not working, so will investigate soon. Another speciality of mine was leather steering wheels recovering, again, I will be re doing mine soon and if there's any call for this among members, I might be able to offer a service for this.
Once again thank you for such a good site and a Happy and Trouble Free New Year to all

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club