c6 3.0 fap smoke from engine

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
joaoproenca   
Wed Dec 19 2018, 07:16pm
Member No: #1510
Dear All,
My C6 had a intermittent smoke leak from engine compartment. Smoke is from engine exhaust due to smell and colour and is noticeable when running due smell and with car stooped if no wind it can be seen.

Conditions are car engine warmed up after auto Ban driving.

When car is stooped and engine idling you listen to a click and after the engine start to leak smoke from right side. I forced already EGR on and off and is not from EGR.

Any Ideas ? as this car have also an A by-pass device for the exhaust gas recycling (EGR) exchanger, with a flap controlled by a pneumatic actuator.

Warm Regards to All

Joao
Tjensen   
Wed Dec 19 2018, 07:54pm
Member No: #954
I had a similar problem. It was diesel fumes from a leaking connection on the high-pressure side.
FraserG   
Wed Dec 19 2018, 08:30pm
Member No: #2011
I had a smoking engine last month. Not the same as yours I don't think as it was accompanied by the engine chuffing like a train. It turned out to be a copper washer on one of the injectors perforating.
joaoproenca   
Wed Dec 19 2018, 10:17pm
What do you mean with high pressure side ?
Tjensen   
Thu Dec 20 2018, 11:05pm
Member No: #954
It was close to the injectors, between injectors and the HP pump
321dave   
Sat Dec 22 2018, 11:25am
Member No: #614
Tjensen wrote ...

I had a similar problem. It was diesel fumes from a leaking connection on the high-pressure side.

I also had a leak a few years back when working extensively on the (2.7) it was from the Egr connection on the hard to reach rear EGR valve. The bolt/gasket hadn't sealed well enough and exhaust fumes were seen in the engine bay.

Dave
joaoproenca   
Wed Apr 22 2020, 10:13am
The fail was at exhaust system collector back of engine symptoms are:

-white smoke come from engine bay when doing the regeneration due post injection;
-smell of burned diesel when idling and stoped as part of waste get inside the car

The leak can only be seen with car lift and when pumping the throttle with engine running

Joao

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club