C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

pipe to fuel injector popped off

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
TonyK   
Mon Oct 16 2017, 03:25pm
Member No: #3204
So driving my 2.7 diesel at about 70 mph and I notice white smoke behind the car. I pull onto the hard shoulder to investigate and its coming from the engine bay.
(thanks to the tool in the lorry who felt the need to beep me for being broken down !!) I open the bonnet take the engine cover off and find diesel sprayed everywhere. Being glad I have not got a petrol car I removed the front flap of material behind the dipstick to expose the fuel injectors. Diesel everywhere.

I noticed the flexible fuel pipe (dont know if thats the return) had popped off.

I slid the stainless steel clip out of the housing and pushed the fuel pipe back in. Within 2 miles it had come back off again. I repeated the process but this time i squeezed the stainless steel clip tighter and refitted the pipe. It has stayed on for the last 100 mile journey home. Im thinking I might change the pipe just for piece of mind, Anyone else had this?
travlician   
Mon Oct 16 2017, 03:35pm
Member No: #350
I had some of them leaking... In the end replaced the whole set (bought as 1 component, the 6 return hoses and connection to the diesel preheating). this was caused by over pressure on the diesel return circuit, needed to replace the diesel injection pump as well (an expensive repair!)
TonyK   
Mon Oct 16 2017, 03:48pm
Member No: #3204
i was thinking why did it pop off.
I hope i dont have the same over pressure issue in my diesel line. Knowing my luck I expect I do
Pracli   
Sun Dec 16 2018, 10:10pm
Member No: #3537
Hello,
I had twice the same issue, in a return circuit droped the pipe.
There is a higher return pressure propably.
I guess the root cause is the injectors are clogged and the return quantity is higher then should be.
Interesting fact, when I lost the clip and I had to buy from the official dealer, the new clip is green, and much more stronger then the provious was. Cost 3eu.
Propably they changed the supplier of the clips due to drop-off pipe issue.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club